Emby stops playing after the second song

JonTripp

JonTripp

I have been having a problem with the Emby program only playinh thr first 2 songs of any album that I have chosen to play through the Wiim network streamer to my sterio system.

But when I take the Wiim component out of the system Emby will play the entire album on which ever device I am using.

Let me describe my set up.

I have a Snyologie DS418 Play server running DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1, I am using Emby Server 4.7.14.0 and have the Wiim Pro Plus music Network streamer ( 3x I have 3 system that I stream to).

Each Streamer is running the lates firmwear. The Wiim apted on my Iphone and I pad is running the lates softwear 2.6.6 The app in the Home Music Share  see's my servier, in fact it see it twice. The first is the standard Music , Photo, and video folders that are on the NAS were media is held. T secong listing  appears to be the Emby folder, for it displays the same images that I see when Iop[en Emby and it shows me the "My Medis" folder. And when i open itr up it shows all the Emby album cover art that Emby shows but a lot smaller.

Discrption of what happens.

1- When I use the Wiim app to stream music from the NAS through the Pro 2 to my sterio system, all plays as it should with no issues.

2- When I have Emby play the music through the Pro 2 to my sterio system, it only plays the first 2 songs and the stops playing.

3- When I have Emby play the music and I tell emby to send the music to what ever divice I am playing it on ( Iphonr, Ipad, Computer) it plays the

entire album with no issues as it shouuld be.

I have removed and reinstall all the softwear to see if their was an issue and the problem continues

I really like the Emby application and would rather use it to manage my music than the Wiim app the is very basic in its ussage.

Anyome have any idea on the issue. Has anyone seen this befor.

All Help greatly appreashated, I am over my head with the technical side og the softwear.

Thank you 

Jon Tripp.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-b1381052-1007-4248-ad9b-603af90122b6_1.txt

• Agree 1

Hi, so you're playing in chrome on windows? is it a background tab? Chrome will suspend background tabs and prevent them from doing just about anything, including playing media.

JonTripp
  • 1 month later...
JonTripp

When I click on the arrow to play the entire album it will stop after the second song. If i click on the 3ed song it will play the song but not go on any futher. Just stops, like it is waiting for me to give it its next command to play,

• Agree 1

JonTripp

From a posting yesterday with more info.

Have an intresting play back issue.

My set up. 

Synology 418play DSM 7.2.1-69057

Emby server Bata 4.8.0.59

Streaming to a Wimm Pro Plus Firmware 4.8.535-454

DLNA set to "Enable DLNA Pay to" and "Enable DLNA Servver"

The issue is when I tell Enby to play to the streaming device that it see,  it plays the first 2 songs on the album with no issues, but it stops befor it plays the 3ed song. I can manually go to the album in Emby and click on thh next song and it will pay it but stops after the song is played and you need to pick the next song.

But if I go into the Wimm app and pick the streaming location to play to ( I have 3 Wimm Pro Plus in diffrent locations in the house) the entire album will play with no issues.

This issue seams to happan no mater which device I try streaming to or controling from.

I have attached the logs for review.

Jon Tripp

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

@JonTrippplease try the latest beta server build combined with the 1.2.9 Dlna plugin update that just went out and let us know how things compare. 

Thanks !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonTripp said:

Upgraded to the latest Bata with the DLNA 1.3.2 and it seams to be work great.

What was the issue?

Thank you

Jon

I'm not sure what the singular cause was. I picked up a Wiim so that I could personally test with it, and made a few adjustments based on that. Thanks !

• Thanks 1