Letter navigation bug

Lee

In movies when I navigate left into the letters as soon as I try to navigate down it jumps out of the letters onto the movie posters. Has anyone else noticed this? 

I recently tried the windows media center version which killed the normal one. I've removed everything but I just wondered if something was left over.. 

35 minutes ago, Lee said:

In movies when I navigate left into the letters as soon as I try to navigate down it jumps out of the letters onto the movie posters. Has anyone else noticed this? 

I recently tried the windows media center version which killed the normal one. I've removed everything but I just wondered if something was left over.. 

Hi, this only happens when you stop moving between letters. We can increase that timer.

MBSki

I saw this the other day too. There wasn't any delay when it jumped back to the top movie.

@LukeWhy did the behavior change? Did you just add a timer? I don't see why there's a timer at all. If you want to go back up, you can go back up via the letters.

52 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, this only happens when you stop moving between letters. We can increase that timer.

Literally jumped straight off. No stop or delay. 

• Agree 1

There is a delay, it's just short and that might cause you to think that there isn't one. We'll increase it and then I think it will be fine.

MBSki
1 minute ago, Luke said:

There is a delay, it's just short and that might cause you to think that there isn't one. We'll increase it and then I think it will be fine.

Why are you even adding a timer? It's unnecessary.

DoubleDD

Noticing the same issue in both TV and Movies.

Funny thing is the issue started with zero delay about a week ago, then I noticed the delay that Luke is referring to (about 3-4 seconds), and now it seems it's back to no delay.

MBSki
3 hours ago, Luke said:

That looks like a delay to me. Maybe it feels like zero to you.

Keep in mind if you click ok on a letter then at that point there is zero delay.

Looks like zero delay to me too.

@Lukejust get rid of the jump please. It's pointless.

1 hour ago, MBSki said:

Looks like zero delay to me too.

@Lukejust get rid of the jump please. It's pointless.

Did you read the above? If you use up and down to cycle through the letters, there is a delay of 1.2 seconds. If you then press OK/Enter on a letter, then there is zero delay.

Are you pressing OK/Enter? If so then don't do that. 

MBSki

Like I said Luke, get rid of it. It's useless. 1.2 seconds? Seriously? Who wants to go back to the top after slightly more than 1 second. Just get rid of the jump

On 23/10/2023 at 01:41, Luke said:

Did you read the above? If you use up and down to cycle through the letters, there is a delay of 1.2 seconds. If you then press OK/Enter on a letter, then there is zero delay.

Are you pressing OK/Enter? If so then don't do that. 

There's no way pressing left then down takes 1.2secs.it randomly stopped doing it yesterday. Not sure why. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Lee said:

@Lukethis bug is back...

Hi there, can you please describe the issue that you're having?

Lee
On 17/10/2023 at 21:16, Lee said:

top line, jumps straight off letters

What do you mean by top line jumps straight off letters?

denz

I think they mean this you select a letter and then letter is not highlighted any more as it jumps to the poster. I think this one either or could be correct implementation . 

Lee

as before, not if you idle. if you try to navigate thru letters it kicks you off back onto poster

On 2/9/2024 at 6:33 PM, Lee said:

as before, not if you idle. if you try to navigate thru letters it kicks you off back onto poster

In your video are you referring the jump from letter C? Because it looks like you idled there for a second or so before it did that.

• 2 weeks later...
Lee

closing the app and rebooting seems to fix this most of the time.. i'm just awaiting the new app with baited breath at this point!

6 hours ago, Lee said:

closing the app and rebooting seems to fix this most of the time.. i'm just awaiting the new app with baited breath at this point!

Well it's going to look the same, it's just the windows app shell underneath that will be different.

Lee

i want it to look the same, but i don't want this reoccurring bug and i'd like the screen refresh rate to actually change. then i'd be happy!

45 minutes ago, Lee said:

i want it to look the same, but i don't want this reoccurring bug and i'd like the screen refresh rate to actually change. then i'd be happy!

I guess that is the disconnect of a design change being perceived as a bug. It is by design that if you idle in the a-z picker, then it will auto-click whatever letter is currently selected, and yes this is a new thing over the last several months. The idle time requirement is currently 1.5 seconds, so it's fairly long.