Season folder issue

Mendocinotim

Mendocinotim

I am having an issue that I cannot figure out and need some help.

This concerns a video podcast that has many episodes that I have downloaded from Youtube.
The show is called The Ready Room. It features cast members from the various Star Trek shows who discuss the many series in this franchise.

An issue with these episodes is that we want to put these show in a specific order which puts all the episodes out of order, in terms of when they were originally produced.
The reason for doing this is to put all the shows that discuss a particular show in the franchise all together in the same season.

In order to do this, I renamed all the episode files to be named "Star Trek The Ready Room" (instead of just "The Ready Room") - this way Emby would not be able to find it listed on IMDB or the TVDB.
Following "Star Trek The Ready Room" I put SnnEnn - but with this caveat: 

1. All the shows pertaining to discussions of Star Trek Discovery were placed in the Star "Trek The Ready Room" Season 1 subfolder.
  2. All the shows pertaining to discussions of Star Trek Picard were placed in the Star "Trek The Ready Room" Season 2 subfolder.
  3. All the shows pertaining to discussions of Star Trek Lower Decks were placed in the Star "Trek The Ready Room" Season 3 subfolder.
  4. All the shows pertaining to discussions of Star Trek Prodigy were placed in the Star "Trek The Ready Room" Season 4 subfolder.
  5. All the shows pertaining to discussions of Star Trek Strange New Worlds were placed in the Star "Trek The Ready Room" Season 5 subfolder.

I am including two attachments..

1. A webarchive of what appears in the Season 4 when viewed in Emby.
  2. And a text file that lists all the Star Trek The Ready Room files uploaded to the server.

The PROBLEM:  if you compare the files inside the Season 4 subfolder as shown in the text file, there should only be three episodes shown in the webarchive for Season 4, but instead it shows not only those three episodes belonging to Star Trek Prodigy it is also displaying all the episodes from the Season 5 subfolder (Star Trek Strange New Worlds) - these are dupes that for some reason Emby has drawn from the Season 6 subfolder.

Why is this happening?
Any ideas?

Thank you.

Star Trek The Ready Room S04.webarchive Star Trek The Ready Room file structure.txt

@Mendocinotimthey probably got detected as the same show and merged together. You can stop the merging by changing the options in the TV library.

Then once they're split, then you can try using the Identify feature on whichever one(s) were wrongly detected. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Mendocinotim

As it turned out, the issue was a simple mis-naming error.
I found the following day when my head was clearer.

Thanks just the same Luke.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1