How I can sort the playlist in samsung TV?

Runouri

Hello

I can't order the playlists of my tv shows.

Hello

I can't order my playlist in the app of Samsung. On the principal screen of the Playlists, I can choose the order, but when I'm inside the playlist I can't choose the order,  the order is dated by defect.

In my pc or mobile, the option appears

Y try create again the list in my pc & reorder, but with the same result

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-15 223919.png

7 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what version of the Emby Samsung app do you have?

Hi Luke

Thanks for reply. Version: 1.6.2

After your reply, I revised the version in 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31461-emby-for-samsung-smarttv-release-notes-tizen-orsay/

and viewed:

Emby for Samsung Tizen SmartTV's (2015 J-series to Present)

1.6.5 (10/11/2023)

• General performance improvements throughout the application
  • Support the new profile pin feature in conjunction with Emby Server 4.8

1.6.4 (09/14/2023)

• Make more fields available in lists

Yesterday tried reinstall the app from "samsung store", but install the same version.  I will try install manually this new version from USB

Thanks  Luke!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 11:56 PM, Luke said:

HI, what version of the Emby Samsung app do you have?

Hi Luke again

I installed the last version from USB in my TV. Now appears the filter and now I can order the files... but for any reason in some folders, all the files inside playlist appears with the same name. I think the problem is the special characters, for example.

The Walking Dead Daryl Dixon [4k 2160p][Cap.106](wolfmax4k.com)

I'm in the correct? if the answer is yes, in the future, this will be corrected?

Thanks for your help!!!

9 hours ago, Runouri said:

Hi Luke again

I installed the last version from USB in my TV. Now appears the filter and now I can order the files... but for any reason in some folders, all the files inside playlist appears with the same name. I think the problem is the special characters, for example.

The Walking Dead Daryl Dixon [4k 2160p][Cap.106](wolfmax4k.com)

I'm in the correct? if the answer is yes, in the future, this will be corrected?

Thanks for your help!!!

HI, can you show an example? Thanks.

7 hours ago, Luke said:

What folders did you add to the movies library?

All my folders

After I try add New libary with only the tv shows series and clasified how tv shows, with the same result. 

Its very curious because if I change the name of the files, deleting special characters, now appears with the correct name

GrimReaper
52 minutes ago, Runouri said:

After I try add New libary with only the tv shows series and clasified how tv shows, with the same result. 

I'm having trouble imagining what are you trying to achieve: do you deliberately don't want your shows to be identified (in which case you would want to use Home Videos and Photos content type library where no metadata fetching is involved and Emby won't try to guess your shows and items will mostly retain their filenames) or your naming convention (btw, unsupported) is way off, as none of those example shows have been identified: no season/episode identifiers, no metadata, no artwork, nothing - and your TV library and Playlist show no thumb, meaning that there's not a single poster between them? 

On 10/15/2023 at 9:43 PM, Runouri said:

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-15 223919.png

18 hours ago, Runouri said:

yes, for example, Halo Folder:

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-18 220749.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-18 220915.png

17 hours ago, Runouri said:

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-18 222128.png

9 hours ago, Runouri said:

Sin título3.png

Edited by GrimReaper

19 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I'm having trouble imagining what are you trying to achieve: do you deliberately don't want your shows to be identified (in which case you would want to use Home Videos and Photos content type library where no metadata fetching is involved and Emby won't try to guess your shows and items will mostly retain their filenames) or your naming convention (btw, unsupported) is way off, as none of those example shows have been identified: no season/episode identifiers, no metadata, no artwork, nothing - and your TV library and Playlist show no thumb, meaning that there's not a single poster between them? 

No, the problem it's when I downloaded a TV show & use metadata to sort. When I sort with metadata it's horrible. Mixing episodes with films. I don't know if the reason is the nomenclature of the names. For this reason I try order with the name of the file

On 10/19/2023 at 9:20 AM, Runouri said:

All my folders

Its very curious because if I change the name of the files, deleting special characters, now appears with the correct name

Can you please list out the paths?