LiveTV issues on SamsungTV

ronstereo

ronstereo

Hello, I've been having problems with the LiveTV feature of Emby on my Samsung TV. I have an LG TV and 2 Amazon Fire TV's that are able to play Live TV with no issues. It's been occurring for quite some time but I haven't requested help until now. I've attached my logs for assistance with the issue.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-57e744ee-3fa4-4042-881b-8803e5ed2fa3_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ddea54f2-a530-4798-b092-5c69f27166e4_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-17dbc16a-badd-4a3f-b478-1326526755cd_1.txt

ronstereo

I was able to get a channel to play, the stats say it's a "Direct Play" stream. I've attached screenshots from VLC media player HGTV working and A&E not working. Hopefully this will help.

HGTV Channel - working.png

A and E channel - not working.png

ronstereo

Samsung TV Model: UN43TU7000FXZA

Samsung Firmware: T-KSU2EAKUC-2141.2

Emby Server Version: 4.7.14.0

Emby Client Version: 1.6.5

HGTV Works on the samsung TV

A&E does not work on the samsung tv

hgtv - working.png

a and e - not working.png

If you make a recording of the channel that doesn't work, can you play it back OK after the recording is complete?

OK, that's good, in a good way.  Can you please send me a PM to a link where I can download and test this recording?  OneDrive, Dropbox, etc is fine.

14 hours ago, ronstereo said:

Message sent. Thank you for your assistance.

Thanks.  This works fine for me, but I am using the Beta server.

Can you please make these settings (in the User Profile Setting on the server)?  Make sure you save at the bottom of the screen.

Then please test playback of this file, and also try LiveTV and let me know if you still get an error.  If it plays, please check the Dashboard or Stats for Nerds during playback to confirm if this is DirectPlay, transcoding, etc.

Make sure you change these settings back after completing your test

image.thumb.png.296f253784f1d9b14d1e6f90a5d4f28a.png

ronstereo

I'm using Docker-Emby - https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-emby

I tried your settings and it didn't work (It immediately threw the error). I'm going to try and see if there is a developer/beta branch that contains the beta build of Emby. I'm also going to try the windows beta version to rule out the docker version.

Update 1 (Docker-Emby): I was able to switch to the beta version. Same result as the 4.7 version.

Edited by ronstereo

Did you check on the server that those settings definitely saved?

it’s possible that something is not supported on your model. I will test the sample again tonight on another tv. 

Is your server and TV on the same local network?  Are you running through a reverse proxy?

ronstereo

Did you check on the server that those settings definitely saved?

it’s possible that something is not supported on your model. I will test the sample again tonight on another tv. 

Yes. When the settings were changed, it would immediately fail and bring up the error screen.

Is your server and TV on the same local network?  Are you running through a reverse proxy?

Yes, my Unraid server and TV are on the same local network. No, I'm not running a reverse proxy.

I've tried this on 2107 and 2022 model TV's and the emulator for your model year and I can't cause it to fail.  Can you try putting the file on a USB drive, connect it direct to the TV and try playing it with the TV's built in media player?

Can you please also attach server and ffmpeg logs of recent tests with the settings I provided?  Thanks

ronstereo

I've tried this on 2107 and 2022 model TV's and the emulator for your model year and I can't cause it to fail.  Can you try putting the file on a USB drive, connect it direct to the TV and try playing it with the TV's built in media player?

I copied it to a USB drive and it plays in the TV's media player.

Does your TV have all the latest firmware updates?

Yes, I've check for updates several times during this process.

Can you please also attach server and ffmpeg logs of recent tests with the settings I provided?  Thanks

I've attached the all the latest logs.

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63833165655.txt embyserver-63833165646.txt ffmpeg-transcode-0567b529-14c5-4707-942e-c44039bed82a_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-4c4bb982-0bee-4b0d-a98f-1dedf20fedce_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-4ed0b8b0-fe7a-498e-b5c0-42799c252003_1.txt

58 minutes ago, ronstereo said:

Can you try installing this USB build:

tizen.zip

I've added a little toast popup that will slideup that will have some error info. It will display for a few seconds and then slide down. Please let us know what it says. Thanks.

ronstereo

I've added a little toast popup that will slideup that will have some error info. It will display for a few seconds and then slide down. Please let us know what it says. Thanks.

Thanks Luke. I installed the build and tried both ways (allow transcoding and without transcoding)

- Without - same behavior has with the previous builds. I hit play and almost immediately it will display the error message.

- With - instead of the spinning wheel, it will immediately go to a black screen. No error or toast message appears, after about 10 seconds it will display the error message. I tried to pull up the stats for nerds overlay but it was blank.

I've attached all the logs.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-db304d7f-d9bc-4693-8afd-700e3849c92e_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-8a21cce2-c468-4662-b659-4cb5f4fa292c_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-4086f148-1ea9-4d54-8ebe-35b6571c9494_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-86f2512b-bc54-4f42-be29-3a9109401b7c_1.txt

It’s probably a good idea to turn on debug logging for these tests 

I’m seeing a lot of these errors in your log which look like file access problems

2023-10-17 22:04:52.851 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.53
	Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.49-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Aug 30 09:42:35 PDT 2023
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /app/emby
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file.
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.BaseHlsService.CreateRequestFromPlaySessionId(BaseSegmentRequest segmentRequest)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.Get(GetHlsSegment segmentRequest)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req, Type serviceType)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
	TargetSite: System.Tuple`3[Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.StreamRequest,System.String,MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthorizationInfo] CreateRequestFromPlaySessionId(Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.BaseSegmentRequest)

ronstereo