MacOS Server Update Download

sundevil67

sundevil67

My dashboard is telling me to upgrade to 4.7.14.0, but the download link available is still showing macOS 10.13 (see attached). Is it just the download site that needs to be revised, or could something else be wrong & I shouldn't be seeing the message on my end telling me to upgrade?

Thanks.

update_notice.png

download_links.png

Hi, we had actually never built and uploaded the legacy macOS package for 4.7.14, so I just took care of that and it's available now.

Unfortunately, we'll see how things shake out, but this might be the last build for 10.13. For 10.13 we have to use the older .net core 3.1 runtime, and currently as of now we can't build the 4.8 server with that anymore.

sundevil67
On 10/25/2023 at 7:26 AM, metropical said:

guess I have to start thinking about updating from my 2008 MP3,1 room heater on HS.

I'm finding it's reached a point where it's too slow to be usable on my 2011 Mac Mini. I am hopeful that all of the problems I've been having are because of the age of the machine & support for the old OS petering out... but 85% of the time I give up while trying & if I am motivated I will access the files directly through VLC, but usually I'll just watch something from another source. How does it run on a 2008 model?

metropical

it ran fine, but I just moved emby to a '18 mini.

I recently experienced other problems with some apps on the mini, so I decided to nuke and pave.

That fixed all the issues. At the same time decided to move the emby server there so that I could keep getting updates.

You may need a nuke & pave if there are other issues on your '11.  It should be fine there.  HS was the os I used on the vMP3,1.

sundevil67
7 hours ago, metropical said:

it ran fine, but I just moved emby to a '18 mini.

I recently experienced other problems with some apps on the mini, so I decided to nuke and pave.

That fixed all the issues. At the same time decided to move the emby server there so that I could keep getting updates.

If you are saying it "ran fine" on your 2008 machine, I'm wondering then why it is so bad on my 2011. The other thing you said though - you weren't running the server OS on that machine?  I have Emby Server running on the 2011 Mac Mini, and when I actually use the browser-based app on that machine, it doesn't run great, but it actually works. It's when I try to use the app on my Amazon Fire TV (& any of my iOS devices) - that's when it really bogs down & I get a lot of "too many errors, giving up" or more often, it just takes far too long to perform any operation. My old Commodore 64 was zippier.

metropical

dunno what to tell you.

ran fine from the cMP with my Android phone even while driving (using data of course).  Perhaps your network is slow or has interference.

Try installing the server on a Safe boot or new user and see of that runs better.  If it does, it may be time for a nuke & pave.