Favorites limit/shuffle BT issues and more on apple tv

pintington

pintington

hi there. Just started using Emby full time this week and have purchased a 1yr subscription of emby connect. I run an apple only home and Ive noticed quite a few basic features missing on the ATV app that are available on ios, browser and the native android tv app.

- Favorites item limit. I added a few shows as a favorite but cant access them on the apple tv as there seems to be a limit and how many can be displayed. This seems quite odd as this is not the case on any of your apps.

an easy way to fix this is to add a button called view all at the end of the list.

- missing random/shuffle tv series button.

- when you have different versions on a tv or show such as 1080p, 4k or 4kDv they are broken down as versions with the same exact cover art when added to favorites…this is not a great UX solution…

- 2 similar play buttons on a tv show section. Play next and play all. Again not a good UX. It would much more useful to change the play all button into a shuffle/random button.

IMG_9590.jpeg

IMG_9591.jpeg

Edited by pintington

6 hours ago, pintington said:

- Favorites item limit. I added a few shows as a favorite but cant access them on the apple tv as there seems to be a limit and how many can be displayed. This seems quite odd as this is not the case on any of your apps.

an easy way to fix this is to add a button called view all at the end of the list.

- missing random/shuffle tv series button.

I think these are both resolved when the next update is released

• 3 months later...
pintington

Has the above ever been fixed or updated? its 2024 now.

Edited by pintington

SamES
8 hours ago, pintington said:

Has the above ever been fixed or updated? its 2024 now.

Have you checked?

pintington

No I havent. I havent used Emby since 6 months ago due to the fact that the apple tv app lacked those basic features. Thats why I asked the question, cause if those issues have been fixed I will give it another go and finally get to enjoy the remainder of the 1yr Emby Premiere that I had purchased.

SamES

It should give you 40 favorites in each category.

Shuffle on TV Series is there now

Strangely, multiple versions can be selected using the Select audio or subtitles button

image.png.db8deb927109fac6d5712df350a6895c.png

pintington

Sounds like it has improved a fair bit, thanks for the update mate.

may i ask. Whats does 40 favorites per category mean? 40 tv shows and 40 movies?

SamES
9 minutes ago, pintington said:

Sounds like it has improved a fair bit, thanks for the update mate.

may i ask. Whats does 40 favorites per category mean? 40 tv shows and 40 movies?

No problem

40 Shows, 40 Episode, 40 Movies, 40 Collections etc in each Favorites row