recordings interupted and dont continue

joekingcool
Go to solution Solved by joekingcool,

joekingcool

if a recording gets interupted like server restart or internet briefly disconnects. the recording dosent actually continue. i was wondering if this is normal?

should i run emby as service with nssm?

it does show in livetv guide that its recording, with red indictor. it does not show as active recording on main screen after interuption. i seen where other threads made it seem like its suppose to try every min or so to continue, is that true?

joekingcool

i found that it does continue recording afterwards. i found in folder a second file with a -1 after name.

although it dont show in active recordings on main screen....

also the big problem is playing the first part before recording was interupted. i have to goto livetv. select show without clicking play button, then click season without clicking the play button, then click the show without clicking the play button, then sleect dropdown for which version i want to play.

also if i try to play from dvr folder emby is monitoring threw emby. there is no choice to play differnt versions just the last part of recording...

im thinking of making a script that will monitor folder and look for any files that have a -1 in the name and find and merge with its coresponding video and delete original. but this would be very time consuming after the fact. versus if it was builtin to emby right after it finishes its recording. because emby already has the file name varibles. then run ffmeg to merge them. 

• Solution
joekingcool

i made a autohotkey script to join the files into one. i gave it 2 parameters. first is location of system folder in quotes. the second is location of folder where ts files are located, also in quotes. ill post the script if you would like to compile yourself or i also compiled and gave link below if needed.

https://onedrive.live.com/download?cid=456E8C13A8C7499C&resid=456E8C13A8C7499C!772&authkey=!AAfecysXiGMo5hY

hopfully this will help others :)

GMC_Joiner_TS.exe Joiner_TS.ahk