Theater

ErikaJ

Believe it or not until yesterday I have never used MB Theater in all the years I have been using MB. I never understood what its purpose was. After installing it on a client PC in my house yesterday I was first amazed at how fast it found my MB server and how simple it got connected. I LIKE IT! At first I was connecting to the server from the client through "shared" processes. Then I switched by using the URL in-home LAN connection. Of these 2 options the in-home worked better for me. Then I decided to make the client its own server as well as having the original server. Now like I said previously, yesterday I decided to try out the MB Theater and by far I like this connection option better than the rest.

I do have a question regarding the landing page. The images are so huuuuggge. On the other pages I can use the option from the 3 dots to resize the view to small, small, etc. But on the landing page there is no option for that AFAIK. So how can I mage the landing page to downsize the images. Reason is I have to pan right in order to see the images that do not fit on the page. TIA

• Thanks 1

Hi, are you using the horizontal or vertical home screen?  You may want to try switching to vertical.

I went where I think was the right place within the regular MB server user home screen section but I didn't see anything that would allow me to control that page in MB Theater. To clarify what I am asking about please see the pictures attached. The first pic directly is that page I am asking about. You can see that on the first line there is not enough room to show all the media folders without scrolling horizontally to the right. However, on the second picture there are controls to resize the images so that they fit. So how do we manage that first page so that if the row exceeds the page width it starts a second row or as many rows that are needed in order to accommodate the folders? TIA

p1.thumb.PNG.d6c8c358aee5bca8f6c8b94b9f10d196.PNG

p2.thumb.PNG.e8f6fa2702b266a8d677e7a6d259de63.PNG

OK so you're already on the vertical home screen. If you want smaller posters, you can set the app's default image size in the app's display settings.

This can also be configured on a per-screen basis for some screens (but not all) using the three-dot menu.

we manage that first page so that if the row exceeds the page width it starts a second row or as many rows that are needed in order to accommodate the folders

There isn't an explicit option for this. But there is the smaller version of my media that you could try.

Yes, I used the 3 dot menu for the other pages and that worked perfectly. I just can't seem to tweak the landing page but as you said there is an app display setting and maybe I just overlooked it. I will try again later this evening.

When you say "smaller version" I take it you mean the same thing you said in your first comment about app display settings. Also, this is all in MB Theater that is the issue. All in all, I really like this app. I wish I would have tried it a few years back. TIA Cheers!!!

• Thanks 1

Well apparently I am either blind or was in a rush. I found the settings and it worked perfectly. Yay! So now I can eliminate MB2 as a server on the client box and just use Theater. I still cannot believe that after at least 6 years or more I had never thought about Theater. Now this is a great app to go with a server. Thanks Luke and company you guys are great! Cheers!!!

• Thanks 1