Doesn't work unless manually started

IVIiLAN
Go to solution Solved by alucryd,

Hi

I have Asustor AS3104T, ADM version: 4.2.4.RL82.

I tried installing Emby from App Central, manual installation, beta version manual installation, but in all cases Emby was unreachable.

It was inexistent in process list too.

Log files were inexistent too.

Finally I manually ran it from terminal/ssh, and yes, it worked.

Is this known bug? Or there is something wrong with my setup?

Thanks

• Solution
alucryd

@IVIiLANDid you create a user named `emby` prior to installing our package? That's about the only thing that could bork an installation.

Please try uninstalling the package, removing the emby user and group (userdel emby && groupdel emby), and deleting `/home/emby`, running the server manually probably messed the permissions of that directory.

If you need to try running manually for testing, please do so as the emby user in the future: sudo -u emby /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/emby-server.

Note that passing the `-p` and `-m` flags will do nothing, that script doesn't take any argument.

@alucrydThank you very much for your response. I confirm that suggested solution work. Although in my case it wasn't that straightforward.

• User "Emby" was inexistent in ADM GUI. But it was listed in /etc/passwd.
  • userdel didn't work for some reason, but deluser did the job.
  • Thanks 1

alucryd

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting that asustor elected to include the useradd and groupadd utilities, but not userdel, glad you figured it out.