How do you manually install Emby Theater?

Music100

Music100

I'm unable to easily install Emby Theater via the usual downloader from https://emby.media/emby-theater.html as it doesn't install via my firewall.

Is there an offline downloader or offline installation instructions?  I downloaded the files via GitHub but I couldn't get it working this way.  I got a window only (shown below).

I am trying to install on Windows 10.

1.png

Edited by Music100

Music100
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what you can do is grab it from here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-theater-windows/releases

Then unzip and run.

Thanks. Yes, I downloaded it from Git Hub and unzipped and ran it.  The problem I am having is nothing happens after that.  The icon is lit up but no application appears. I see that it is running in Windows Task Manager, but I can't seem to get the actual app window to show up.  This was the problem I had.  Any suggestions for this scenario?

Music100

Thank you.  It shows the app is open (see photo below) but there is no window that opens or app that opens.  No action takes place.  I tried installing manually on my Windows 64 bit computer and 32 bit computer (using the different GitHub installers appropriate for each) and the same result happened on both of them.

image.png.907136c660e3de81b8ec9731ec136765.png

I don't know at this point. Are you able to get both our website and github allowed through your firewall?

37 minutes ago, Music100 said:

Thanks.  I can get to both the emby website and GitHub just fine.

Then why was your firewall an issue in the very beginning with the installer?

Music100
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Then why was your firewall an issue in the very beginning with the installer?

Thank you.  I can get to the installer here:   https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

I downloaded the installer called "setup.exe"

Setup.exe has a problem with the firewall and won't run.  (This is why I then downloaded the application files from GitHub.)

Could you let me know what IP address setup.exe is trying to reach?   This way I might get the firewall exceptions adjusted and handle the issue.

Setup.exe has a problem with the firewall and won't run.  (This is why I then downloaded the application files from GitHub.)

What problem?

Could you let me know what IP address setup.exe is trying to reach?

api.github.com to get the list of releases, then after that it downloads the release file, which is also on github.

Music100

Thank you.  Here's the error message attached and details.  It's a proxy error.

I'll see what else I can do, maybe use another system without the proxy as it is the problem right now.

image.png.1930c3d28ea6b646a27b924449cc5c4a.png

Error Message.txt

I'll see what else I can do, maybe use another system without the proxy as it is the problem right now.

Let us know how that goes. Thanks.