No DirectPlay (limit?)

BalthazarBux

BalthazarBux

My friend has an LG TV and I saw some of this in the log.

2023-10-09 19:19:18.448 Info App: User policy for Friend. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True 2023-10-09 19:19:18.448 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 24860682, max bitrate: 6860000 2023-10-09 19:19:18.448 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 24860682, max bitrate: 6860000

But I don't have set any bitrate limits. It is nothing set in either global settings or his personal user settings....

Is there DirectPlay/Stream limits specifically for his app or can I tweak this somewhere? 

BalthazarBux

He had Auto on, so it should not be only 6,86mbps since he has 1gbps even tho the limit for the wifi on LG TV probably is lower than that, but for sure higher than 100mbps? But I told him to raise it to set 4K 160mbps and he is gonna test later tonight.

On 10/10/2023 at 8:11 PM, BalthazarBux said:

He had Auto on, so it should not be only 6,86mbps since he has 1gbps even tho the limit for the wifi on LG TV probably is lower than that, but for sure higher than 100mbps? But I told him to raise it to set 4K 160mbps and he is gonna test later tonight.

Be Careful, the Normal Consumer TV's are all have only 100mbps RJ45 Lan Ports, better Advice use WLAN,

and the Consumer TV's not the OLED Series are very Restricted from CPU Power, if you use 4k Content with SSL and go above 50mbps Content, the Consumer TV's starts Buffering due to Limited Cpu and Ram.

And as I can See, I set all my Devices to 4k 160mbps, also the Devices that can Handle only 1080p Content, the App takes the 1080p Version Automatic on my Devices that can't play 4k Content and don't Transcode still Direct Play the native 1080p File.

Cheers

Edited by croaton

BalthazarBux

He is using the C2 OLED

Yes, we know about the LAN ports, so he is using WiFi for now. We talked about maybe getting a Ethernet to USB adapter tho.

He has not getting by to test anything yet.

He is slow. 🥱

Edited by BalthazarBux

45 minutes ago, BalthazarBux said:

He is using the C2 OLED

Yes, we know about the LAN ports, so he is using WiFi for now. We talked about maybe getting a Ethernet to USB adapter tho.

He has not getting by to test anything yet.

He is slow. 🥱

These Ethernet to USB are Crap and Bullshit, use 5ghz on TV Wlan and you have no Problems, but keep in Mind no Autochannel on WLAN

Best Working Condition for those Setups are Channel 36, 40, 44 or 48, all above can sometimes make Trouble

cheers

Edited by croaton
  • Facepalm 2

rbjtech

If you are attempting to play 4K Remux @ 80-100Mbit/sec, then yes, the 100Mbit Ethernet port may become a bottleneck - but for any provider streamed 4K (@ 20-40Mbit/sec) there is zero issues using Ethernet and its preferred over Wifi.

The 1Gig to Ethernet Adapters also work perfectly well (I guess it depends on which one you have) and they will work just fine with 4K Remux's.

I did a lot of R&D on this topic - search for it in this LG Forum.

But ultimately I moved away from the Native LG Player and onto a Shield Pro - as it's just 'easier' and plays everything without any need for container formatting etc.

• Agree 1