exceeded streams error

justinrh

justinrh

I have a 2-tuner HDHomeun.  My wife was watching live TV on our Shield and the video got stuck, so she backed out to the ATV home screen, switched the TV to another input, switched the TV input back to the Shield, then went into Emby and tried to stream live TV again.  At this point an error about exceeding maximum streams popped up on the screen.  I know one turner was supposed to be recording a program at this time, which was ~7:45 AM CT.  Why would I get an error about exceeding streams when one tuner should have been available?

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-directstream-e8a25127-1a00-4828-9acb-996fcf11ab01_1.txt

Hi, are you sure this is the right log file? I don’t see that activity here, what was the exact text of the error message? Is it reproducible?

justinrh

You don't see this?  It is the right log file.

2023-10-08 07:41:34.675 Info SessionManager: Playback start reported by app AndroidTv 2.0.93g playing WAFF48. Started at 0 ms

I don't have the exact string - something like streaming limit or no more available streams.  Search your source for the exact string.  It is something like 'exceeded available streams'.  I'm sure you are familiar with the msg that you show when all tuners are consumed (probably it).

You might consider writing all pop-up msgs to the log file, if only to help with support (you or the user).

On 10/8/2023 at 10:12 AM, justinrh said:

and the video got stuck, so she backed out to the ATV home screen

My guess is this stranded a tuner.  Does restarting the server fix it?

18 minutes ago, justinrh said:

I don't know.  We haven't gone through that workflow/scenario since.

Can you try it again?

justinrh

I was watching live TV and it froze up on me 3X in less than 20min, so this problem is probably related to

Edited by justinrh

• 2 weeks later...
justinrh

Yes.  One time after re-entering the stream, I got:

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

I had a tuner available.  I waited a few seconds then I could play again.

4 hours ago, justinrh said:

Yes.  One time after re-entering the stream, I got:

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

I had a tuner available.  I waited a few seconds then I could play again.

What exactly did you do in the web app?

justinrh

Luke, Luke ...  I played a station, the video freezes, back to guide, play station again, repeat.