MP3 (music files) are not recognized

W_Tim
Go to solution Solved by W_Tim,

Select MP3 files are not recognized by the Emby server and will not show in the Library.  The folder will show but lists 0 files.

I am running Emby server 4.8.0.51 beta on a Terramaster TNAS F2-423 with two 16tb drives in RAID 0.  I have tried Emby server 4.8.0.47 beta as well as Emby server version 4.7.14.0 and there is no change to the problem.

When I create a library for music and add folders with music files (MP3s) some folders will show and list the music file contents and other folders will not show the music content.

These folders and music files that do not show on the Emby server on the TNAS will and do show on an Emby server (version 4.7.14.0) I have running on a Windows 11 PC.

embyserver.txt

An example ---

I have a music folder named \Birds of the Forest
Within that folder I have 6 MP3 files, 2 of which are:

\Birds of the Rain Forest (1).MP3
\Birds of the Rain Forest (2).MP3

Another example is a folder named \Big & Rich
Within that folder are 27 MP3 files, 2 of which are named:

\Big & Rich - 8th of November.mp3
\Big & Rich - 20 Margaritas.mp3

In both cases, as well as with many other folders and files, these will not display when added to the library on the TNAS (running TOS 5.1) server. 

Other music files and folder will show such as:
I have a folder named \Thunderstorms with 8 MP3 files, 2 of which are named:
\Thunderstorms - Gentle Rains.mp3
\Thunderstorms - Northern Shower.mp3

Example 2; A folder named \82nd Airborne Chorus with 8 MP3 files, 2 of which are named:
\82nd Airborne - Entrance Chant.mp3
\82nd Airborne - Exit Chant.mp3

These, along with all the other MP3 files in those folders as well as with many others, display without a problem on the PC version of Emby server.

Edited by W_Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your support and suggestions to help resolve my issue. 

I have had numerous amounts of library folders and subfolders, however currently on this effort I have four (4) parent library folders, one of which is the music folder and within that music folder I have three (3) folders/albums of music.  The first has two (2) subfolders or albums, the second folder has twelve (12) subfolders or albums (one of which is the one that was not showing up), and the third folder has six (6) sub folders or albums.  I attached a couple snapshots of these folders to help explain/answer.

I tried the corrupt data base editing effort you suggested in the other forum.  Although those steps did not work it led me to completely uninstall Emby, remove/delete all Emby data from the TNAS and start over fresh installing the latest version and building all libraries over again.

The problem must have been as you suspected, a corrupt database.  Since I’ve wiped Emby from the TNAS and reloaded, I no longer have the problem where the mp3 files will not show.  You can see the “Birds of the Forest” under the “Relaxation” folder are now there.

I will continue to rebuild my entire library and be on my way.

Thank you again for your help.

Tim

Emby mp3 folder example.pdf

I will continue to rebuild my entire library and be on my way.

@W_Tim

Hi, I don't think it's a corrupt database, at least not yet, so it might not be necessary to start all the way over. I think it might actually just be an unsupported library setup. Hopefully it is as simple as that which is why I asked you to list your libraries and the folders that are added to each one.

Can you reattach your file as plain text rather than pdf? Thanks !

• Solution

Thanks again, but it is a done deal.  I’ve already wiped and restarted.  I have just under 10,000 videos to re-catalogue and I’ll be on my way.  I don’t think Emby will be usable for music or audiobooks for me.  It works fine on the web interface, but my goal was to be able to play music using Emby on my home theatre system which uses the Roku Emby app on my TV.  That app is terrible for viewing mp3 files.  It will only display an album as Grid view, you cannot set the album view to list.  This makes viewing music extremely cumbersome.

Thanks again for your assistance.