Issues with TVOS app

BrandonP85

BrandonP85

Just started using Emby earlier this week and noticed Playlists and collections do not show on the tv app. Works from an iphone or iPad though. Any way to get this corrected? 

A second issue I've run into is with favorites. I've added quite a few favorites and noticed on the tv app it limits the favorites I can see. On the phone and tablet apps there's an expand button that shows all the favorites. This seems to be missing on the tv app. 

Lastly, when switching the home screen settings it removed my continue watching tile and now no matter what options I choose it never shows up. 

I really appreciate any help you can provide. IMG_8416.heicIMG_8417.heic

• Facepalm 1

Just started using Emby earlier this week and noticed Playlists and collections do not show on the tv app.

Hi there, where exactly are you looking for them?

Just started using Emby earlier this week and noticed Playlists and collections do not show on the tv app.

HI, yes we are working on improving this.

Lastly, when switching the home screen settings it removed my continue watching tile and now no matter what options I choose it never shows up. 

Hi, what exactly did you configure?

BrandonP85

Hey Luke,

I'm looking on the home tab. On the Apple TV app there's only four tabs. Home, favorites, search, and settings. 

On the iOS app for iphones and ipad os the home screen shows the collections and playlists. Appreciate you looking into this.

I removed everything from the home screen with the exception of playlists, collections, and continue watching to try to get the collections and playlists to show on tv os and when doing that it literally made everything stop showing on the tv os home screen. Even if I re-add the options that were there before. 

I removed everything from the home screen with the exception of playlists, collections,

Hi, how did you do this?

BrandonP85
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, how did you do this?

Hey Luke,

I went through the iPad/iphone app and removed the options on the home screen through the app settings. Screenshot attached. The changes on the iPhone/ipad change the Apple tv settings as well. In the screenshot you'll see where I've added my media just to display something since continue watching doesn't show anymore as well as the Playlists and collections even though those options are enabled and showing on my iphone/iPad.

IMG_8433.jpeg

On 10/9/2023 at 7:15 PM, BrandonP85 said:

Hey Luke,

I went through the iPad/iphone app and removed the options on the home screen through the app settings. Screenshot attached. The changes on the iPhone/ipad change the Apple tv settings as well. In the screenshot you'll see where I've added my media just to display something since continue watching doesn't show anymore as well as the Playlists and collections even though those options are enabled and showing on my iphone/iPad.

IMG_8433.jpeg

HI, the apple tv app does not yet support the new playlists and collections home screen sections, but this is coming.

• 4 months later...
TheScantronman

Any updates to this?  Also recently started using Emby on tvOS and the Favorites tab doesn't really work.  Things will get added into Favorites that I never selected and stuff I do add won't stay there (in addition to only showing a few titles at a time). 

BrandonP85

Nothing has changed sadly. This is a smaller group of devs compared to Plex and I'm guessing this is on the back burner. I just have to search for my shows every time I want to watch. Sucks but it's the only option

1 hour ago, TheScantronman said:

Any updates to this?  Also recently started using Emby on tvOS and the Favorites tab doesn't really work.  Things will get added into Favorites that I never selected and stuff I do add won't stay there (in addition to only showing a few titles at a time). 

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

TheScantronman
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

If I want to add a show or movie to my favorites, it will add it to the favorites tab in the tvOS app.  When I exit the app, the show/movie that was added is no longer there.  Movies and shows I did not add, nor even search for, will sometimes show up in the favorites tab.  Furthermore, it seems I can view no more than about 5 items for shows or movies in the favorites tab in general.  

Thanks!

On 3/14/2024 at 3:10 PM, TheScantronman said:

If I want to add a show or movie to my favorites, it will add it to the favorites tab in the tvOS app.  When I exit the app, the show/movie that was added is no longer there.  Movies and shows I did not add, nor even search for, will sometimes show up in the favorites tab.  Furthermore, it seems I can view no more than about 5 items for shows or movies in the favorites tab in general.  

Thanks!

OK we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.