Changing Music Library Views

phunzie

phunzie

when library is sorted by AlbumArtist or Artist,  and they are displayed using Primary view, the Artists are shown in a round icon...can this be changed to like a square icon?

after selecting an AlbumArtist, i want the next screen to only show the Albums for that Artist, i don't want to see the "Songs" section that shows all  the songs for the artist...and i'm not sure i want to see the "More Like This" section either....can these sections be removed/hidden?

also when viewing the Albums as described above, can they be made to scroll Vertically, not horizontally?

image.png

Edited by phunzie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there are currently no options for any of these, but all of them have come up before and more control is possible for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@phunzieHi, I can understand these issues and tend to agree with you. I don't mind the round Artist images as they clearly differentiate People pages (and images) from Album pages (and images) BUT many band images end up with people's heads chopped off at the top corners! Also, I would much prefer the Songs section to be below the Albums section, but understand that others may have a different personal preference. It would be great to be able to rearrange (and/or hide) the different sections to suit, but this may not be an easy practical option for the coders and the underlying database? I imagine it would be a low priority.

Anyway, I think there may a work-around solution that gets the screen views and functionality that you are after. It will likely take a bit of time and effort to set up fully and it may not be worth it if you have a massive music collection and it may also depend on how you use Emby for all of your other media.

Essentially you could make the main Collection folder a defacto Album Artist Collection folder by assigning music Albums into individual Artist Collections.

I have tried this for some random artists in my music library. The screenshots below are functional examples (not mockups) using Web App 4.7.14.0. When you open Emby Theater, you should get the same view/functionality? The left images are from the Music Library, the right images are the comparable ones from the Collections folder:

ArtistsView.thumb.png.cefe7817140d92d3fadd5469603ed4f7.png

EaglesView.thumb.png.dd167f709a66721df0b4d0339b3681ad.png

With the Eagles example above, the RHS Collections view gives the same overview info as the LHS Album Artist page, with a square primary image. Only the Albums (Items) are shown directly below and you can scroll down the list vertically straight away without needing to scroll down and select "Albums" first.

If you are not using your Collections folder for other purposes, then this could be all you would need to do? If you also have (e.g.) movie collections, then you may want to group the Album Artist collections together at the top or bottom of all you collections. I did this by changing the Sort Title of the individual Collection, e.g.:

sortEagles.thumb.png.8ca5dfec61c64498d6b3e890ae4a9d0b.png

With Version 4.7 the filtering options for the main Collections folder are heavily weighted towards Movies.It may be possible to filter out movies and just show music, but I haven't tried that as yet. I have been reading that there are new sorting/filtering options coming for Emby 4.8, therefore there may be more useful ways to help configure and arrange music collections? (I haven't tried the Beta 4.8.)

Cheers...!

beckfield

If you use a browser add-on that allows you to impose your own CSS style on websites (I use "Stylus"), I've found a way to use CSS to force artist images back to square, or you can have any level of rounded corners you want:

/* RESTORE SQUARE ARTIST IMAGES */
.cardContent-round {
    border-radius: .3em;       /*<----Play with this to adjust corner roundness*/
}

/* DON'T DISTORT ARTIST IMAGES */
.coveredImage {
    object-fit: cover !important;
}