Stuck in fullscreen mode

DraconisMaximus

DraconisMaximus

Hi,
This is my first post here, but I am hoping that someone here can help me out.
I am running Emby Theater on Windows 10 and seem to be perpetually stuck in fullscreen mode.
Pressing the maximize button puts the app into fullscreen mode instead of maximizing the window.
Instead of just filling the desktop space, the taskbar is hidden and the app ignores baked in Windows 10 hotkeys for the manipulation of windows like [Windows Key + Arrow Key] as if in fullscreen mode.
Pressing again allows the window to be moved with the mouse but it cannot be resized and still ignores keyboard commands.
I cannot find anything in the app settings to change this or any existing documentation of the issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Emby-Theater-Screenshot-01.PNG

DraconisMaximus

Hi,

Thanks for the response. To clarify my issue,

Double clicking the header does the same thing as what should be the maximize button. It creates an oddly sized window which cannot be resized of control by Windows commands. I have two monitors. One is 3840 x 2160 and the other is 1920 x 1080 but for some reason on either display the theater is locked to 2560x1440 unless in fullscreen mode. The maximize button puts the theater in fullscreen mode instead of maximizing the window. Essentially even when removed from fullscreen mode the app still behaves like it is fullscreen.

generiq

The window is probably just stretched to the edges. Use a mouse and try to drag the sides as you would with a smaller window. 

• 2 weeks later...
DraconisMaximus

Life gets in the way, but a late update to my situation.

So, I have realized that I can adjust the size of the window with the mouse from the sides or bottom. For some reason the resize cursor does not work from the top of the window.

I still don't get why the maximize button puts the app in Fullscreen mode instead of maximizing it.

The window also still ignores Windows 10 baked in commands for manipulation of windows. E.g. [Windows Key] + [Down Arrow] for minimizing or [Windows Key] + [Left / Right Arrow] to snap left or right.

emby-maximize-button.png

HI, the app has some quirky window management but we are working on an all-new windows app to replace it that will be more like a normal windows app. Thanks.