Video stuttering in web front end

Ouroboruss

Ouroboruss

Hi

This seems to be an issue with just one series where the video will stutter withe every episode if I am accessing it via the web front end.

If I access it via emby theatre or webos app it has no problems.

I just used makemkv to directly rip the shows from the DVD, I used this method for all my DVDs but this is the only series I am having issues with.

I am running the server on a RPI4 which will likely be part of the issue, but if it runs ok in the apps then why not in the browser

Please find attached screenshots and logs

Problem

2023-10-05_20-15_Problem.png

No Problem

2023-10-05_20-14 _No Problem.png

ffmpeg-transcode-c77856ac-219a-43f3-a685-42e397b8edbf_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-db36d936-c742-4ea3-aa16-b3b203860b70_1.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by Ouroboruss

Ouroboruss

Ah, just relised the problem one was blu ray, not DVD. That will be the issue wont it?

Still not sure why it would be an issue in a browser and not the webOS app, does the app do additional processing?

Edited by Ouroboruss

Hi, it looks like you’re just not getting fast enough server transcoding. Are you able to try chrome and see how that compares?

Still not sure why it would be an issue in a browser and not the webOS app

Hi, to answer this question, the LG app can direct play mpeg2 without any transcoding. So I think this is your answer overall. The browser doesn't support it, therefore transcoding is required, but your server can't do that quickly enough.

What platform are you running the browser on?