In Android TV v93g are we supposed to be able to FF/REW w/out a pause?

andyxoxo

andyxoxo

Hi, Win7, newest Emby server 4.7.14, newest Android TV app v93g :

Just installed Android TV v93g on my Sony X85J TV yesterday and noticed that when holding down the FF or the REW buttons on my remote to rapidly advance or go back to a scene in a movie, the video will Pause (goes into Pause mode) after I let go of the FF or REW button. I then have to press TWICE either the Pause button on my remote or the big round center button inside the directional keys of the remote TWICE! to get the video going again. If I press the FF or REW button just quickly to advance or rewind 30secs or 60secs it is fine, there is no pause and video continues playing as it should. But when I hold the FF or REW down for longer (let's say advance/rewind more than 5-10min than darn the video pauses after letting go and I have to press Pause TWICE again to get the video to resume playing. Why is this? Version 83g didn't have this... is this some sort of evil plot?

And before you ask me to try out the "regular" android version 3.3.29, I already did and that is fine 🙂 Thanks much

Edited by andyxoxo

Hi.  If you hold the button down, it will pause to allow you to get to exactly where you want to be.  This mimics the behavior of other major players (e.g. YouTube).  If you have created seeking thumbs for your media, you will get those and can arrow to the exact scene you wish and select it (again, just like other major players).

You should only have to press ok/play once though so we'll have to look at that.  That may be an issue only when you don't have thumbs.

rbjtech

I don't see any issue here - it's behaving like I would want it to.

Single or Multiple clicks on FF/RW - it jumps accordingly.

Hold FF/RW - it pauses and brings up the thumbs as you are probably trying to find a scene - I only need a single OK and playback continues.    I've never done it this way (I always use the method below) so if this used to continue playback - then 'fine' - if you want playback to continue, then you can use the method below.

Press UP - and it brings up the chapters (+ timeline) - background play continues

Press DOWN - and it now allows you to FF/RW with thumbs @ 10 seconds - and again background play continues

andyxoxo

Is there any way you guys can make an option to mimic the "regular" Android version please? I don't need a pause after seeking. I just want it to play automatically after letting go of the seek button. Otherwise there is more nuisance button pressing involved 😉 

Edited by andyxoxo

andyxoxo
On 10/5/2023 at 9:42 PM, andyxoxo said:

Is there any way you guys can make an option to mimic the "regular" Android version please? I don't need a pause after seeking. I just want it to play automatically after letting go of the seek button. Otherwise there is more nuisance button pressing involved 😉 

Yes, no, maybe, wasting my breath?

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...