Home users

EchoPhil

EchoPhil

Hi guys newbie to Emby. I did multiple searches before posting this please do not sacrifice me. I have Emby on a Firetv 4k. I was wondering if there is a screen for just switching users in the household? Like for the kids and for the wife? I allowed them to be seen from login screen. Also chose to have startup behavior to show login screen. My question is does this have a similar style like Plex or Netflix to just select the users when the app opens or do we have to manually enter each person usernames each time we start the app? Apologies in advance if anything sounds stupid. I tried following Lukes guide but still a nogo. If anyone has any pics of their setup that will also help alot. Thank you so much in advanced.

EchoPhil
8 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what guide is that?

I apologize in advance if I was looking at the wrong guide. This is the one

Edited by EchoPhil

GrimReaper
11 hours ago, EchoPhil said:

I was wondering if there is a screen for just switching users in the household? Like for the kids and for the wife?

There is, that should actually be the first screen you are presented with before signing-in. 

11 hours ago, EchoPhil said:

I allowed them to be seen from login screen.

What exactly do you mean by that? Allowed where, how? 

Edit: Btw, screens in the above blog post are somewhat dated, some of those options have been expanded/renamed over the years, maybe that article warrants an update. 

@Carlo @Luke

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

13 hours ago, EchoPhil said:

I have Emby on a Firetv 4k

Hi.  If you've set the app to show the login screen at startup then simply exiting and returning to the app will present you with the list again.  However, there is also a faster way (depending on where you are at the time).

On the home screen, simply go up to your user icon/name and click on it.  That menu should contain quick options to switch to other users on your server.

• Like 1

EchoPhil

This is what shows when i login with Emby connect and without. Also what shows up when I first open the app. Do I need to login with connect? If yes how do the other users of the family show up on that login screen when the app opens? This is what I get (pic attached). If no what to do to add them bc if I go to enter them manually Emby logs them in but does not give a switch user option(if that exist). Guy I completely apologize for wasting your time on this and I appreciate it so much that you take a second of your busy lives to even look at this thread you guys are awesome and cannot thank you enough for even giving me some pointers. Thank you thank you. Pretty sure I am doing something wrong. I have tried google and have searched but maybe searching the wrong thing. Again apologies and thank you.

20231005_215233.jpg

20231005_214944.jpg

20231005_214557.jpg

20231005_214422.jpg

20231005_214636.jpg

Hi.  If you use Connect, you cannot switch users as Connect ties directly to a single user on your server.

To get other users to be able to switch to, log in directly to your server and be sure you've enabled the option to allow users to be shown on the login screen.