2 TV shows + 1 movie not showing up in Emby

guill69f
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

guill69f

Hi all,

I have a large media library on a NAS and access my media in 2 ways:

1. either through local LibreElec installations on HTPC, accessing directly media shares on the NAS
  2. or via Emby apps on phones, pads (also 1 Kodi install has an Emby add-on)

Many months ago i noticed that the movie and tv shows counts are different between LibreElec and Emby: LibreElec installs show +1 movie and +2 tv shows. Not a big deal but i am trying to get the numbers aligned an d it drives me mad to not be able to understand what is causing this.

I have been able to identify the 2 tv shows which are causing issues: they have been scraped in Tiny Media Manager and have proper naming - same as all other shows, i scraped them even with 2 different scrapers, result is always the same, emby never finds them: why?

As for the movie: is there a way to find which one Emby has missed? too many files to make a manual check...

Thanks!

path of one of the 2 shows Emby can not find: /video/TV Shows/Les Schtroumpfs (1981)/Season 01

+ naming convention of 1st file: Les Schtroumpfs - S01E01 - Le Cosmoschtroumpf - 480p h264 MP3 2ch eng

Edited by guill69f

GrimReaper
13 hours ago, guill69f said:

I have been able to identify the 2 tv shows which are causing issues

Do you have Metadata Reader>Nfo enabled in your library settings? Also, could you provide tvshow.nfo from one of those shows? 

guill69f
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how did you setup the libraries in Emby library setup?

I have a unique Library for TV shows only, pointing to folder /volume1/video/TV Shows

realtime monitoring: enabled, metadareaders NFO: checked, series / season / episode metadata downloaders all checked, automatic refresh: never, series / season / episodes image fetcher all checked, save artwork into media folders unchecked

Is that what you were asking? thanks

guill69f
7 hours ago, MAX92 said:

Do you have "theme" or "trailer" file ? 

both tv shows have a "theme.mp3" file.

but so do other shows found by emby

guill69f
7 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Do you have Metadata Reader>Nfo enabled in your library settings? Also, could you provide tvshow.nfo from one of those shows? 

Metadata reader > Nfo is enabled

See tvshow nfo attached.

thanks!

tvshow.nfo

1 hour ago, guill69f said:

both tv shows have a "theme.mp3" file.

but so do other shows found by emby

Look if one have theme.mp4

guill69f
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you show us the complete contents of the Les Schtroumpfs folder?

screenshots you mean?

image.png.1bd8ce0aec377f36effdb7afdcf84872.png

Edited by guill69f

guill69f

ok, let me put the tv show issue on hold: i can now see in Emby the 2 tv shows i couldn't before. the only thing i did yesterday was to scrape them again with a different source, and then to relaunch a library scan. after this was completed, the 2 shows were not visible but they are now, maybe there was some kind of delay after the library was scanned before i could show them in emby library. i'll do a count comparison with my libreelec install but i think now the tv show counts will be even.

Remains the other question about the movie: is there a way to identify if emby has not managed to import a movie file , and to find which?

thanks

guill69f

ok, now that's interesting.

in the season 1 emby is showing one of the episode of the specials folder, and then i have a ,ix of french-english-swedish and italian in the episodes titles and descriptions 😂

I think i'll make a copy of the files somewhere, i'll remove all non media file and will do a clean scraping and import back to emby in the coming days, let's see what it will say. thanks for all that have commented. if you have any ideas for the +1 movie please  now...

image.png.27589afafb31c3aeba221e2b420e1081.png

Edited by guill69f
  • Thanks 1

guill69f

adding to the thread. will come with results and conclusions later, but sharing the way I've found to make my comparisons.

so i made an export all tv shows from TMM, and a folder populated with one sub-folder per tv show. I copied pasted the paths of these subfolders in excel, remove the path from the the excel entries and was left with tv show names. Then i switched to emby, installed the report plugin and created an excel of the tv shows. i put the 2 lists side by side and sorted the list  alphabetically, and could quickly look at where i had a disconnect. to me by surprise, this was not on the TV shows i thought (so no issues zith Les Schtroumpfs -shqme on me!)

It seems the issue is related to a TV show that I have in 2 languages (2 different tv shows for each language). it seems Emby has been mixing them, while Kodi understand these are 2 separates shows so to say. So for now I have moved these 2 folders outside from my tv show folder. i'll wait for emby livrary to be updated and i expect the tv shows count to be the same between Kodi, TMM and Emby. Then i'll rescrape the duplicated tv show that i have in 2 languages and will then add them again one at a time back to the tv show folder and fill see how emby behaves.

I am doing in parallel the same excel work to find the movie which is missing from Emby. Will report when i am done. might take a few days

• Like 1

guill69f

ok, reporting after my analysis, i think i have nailed the root cause of the issue (tv show count in emby shows x-2 in comparison to tv show count X in TMM and Kodi. And after all, it thinks there is an issue with the tv show "les schtroumpfs" (i am trying my best to get everyone confused 😉)

let me explain: i have 2 tv shows ("les schtroumpfs" + another one) which i have in kind of duplicate versions: 1 version is in swedish, and 1 version in french + english. Each are in a separate folders, with different names ("Smurfarna" for the swedish variant, "les schtroumpfs" for the french/english variant). Same logic for the other tv show.

"Smurfarna" and "Les schtroumpfs" can coexist in windows explorer and mac finder because they have different names, but i have checked and they have same IMDB, TheTVDB and TMDB IDs. Now where things become interesting: TMM and Kodi see the 2 variants of the same show as 2 different versions (which is how i would like it to be). Emby sees them as 1. And as I have the same logic on another TV show, then that explains the different of 2 in the TV show count between Kodi and TMM versus Emby.

A bit more on Emby: in the TV show section, i will see only one of the 2 variant of the same TV show. but if i make a search for each of the tv show variant, i will alternatively find each of them in the search results, with the same numbers of episodes (when in reality I have more episodes in one of the 2 variants)

So my conclusions is that Emby can not display 2 variants of a same show, it will just pick one of them, under which i will find all episodes for the 2 variants (and that explains that i had a mix of french-english-swedish descriptions -not the italian though, i must have sth incorrect in my nfo files).

Now a question: is there a way to keep the visibility on the 2 variants of the tv shows in Emby?

Hope i have been clear with the above. I am still analyzing my movies to find the reason on why i have a difference in count (of 1) there too. it might be related to the same logic. Will find out and report in the coming days, but not much time this week end to check this and many files to look into. Thanks for reading!

Edited by guill69f

• Solution

Hi, try unchecking the library option to merge series from different folders.

• Thanks 1

guill69f
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, try unchecking the library option to merge series from different folders.

Thanks, this was the solution!

• Thanks 1

guill69f

And now, i found the cause of the difference in count for the movies 🙂

I had 2 movies with same name and released same year. TMM and Kodi managed them has 2 different movies (they could coexist in my file managers as they were in different folders), and Emby as 1. Probably the solution applied to the TV shows above would have worked, but i went for a different solution: if TMDB indicates the 2 movies have been released the same year, TheTVDB reports that one was released one year earlier. I don't really care so i went for that; now Emby sees them both. End of the thread, thanks to all commenting and guiding me 👍

• Thanks 1