Live TV Acting Weird

ErikaJ

ErikaJ

Hello again, it's been a long time since I have posted with an issue. Well here goes. Like the title sez, LiveTV at first was not giving me any streams at all. I was using the Beta channel (for many years) at first so I figured maybe something changed during an update. So I decided to go with the portable version and no joy there as well. Next up was going to the production version 4.7.14.0 and again I got the "no streams avaiable...". I figured maybe I forgot to map the channels so I clicked on channels and it's completely blank!! (see pic1). But as you can see on pic2, it does have channels and it does play the streams?? So what is going on? This is a W10 box x64. I am using the xml file from my provider and the m3u file which I edited down to the channels I want. I will be using the Emby Guide Data once this is figured out. Like I said, initially I was getting no Live TV streams at all and now I do however, I cannot map them because that channels page is blank. Was this a change in the stable version? I also use to use the metadata channel mappingspic2.thumb.JPG.092dbdcb70adc91034cdeff27ad15111.JPG

pic1.JPG

kanipek

I was having the same issue. For me I had MLBTV channels (via Channels DVR) that was causing this issue - I guess after the regular MLB season ended there was an issue(?)

After removing that source & guide data source running a refresh solved the issue. I looked at the log before I did this and I didn't find anything but an error accessing the EPG data for MLBTV. Not sure why that would cause all the channels in LiveTV setup to not be shown.

So if you have anything like that feeding into Emby that may be your issue.

Edited by kanipek

ErikaJ

I wanted to get back to you all regarding this problem. For now it is fixed and running as it should. What fixed it I have no fn idea. I turned the PC off 4 times and restarted everything 4 times times and on the 5th try it solved itself. So I wish I had a better answer for you but I do not. For now it is running fine so I will leave it at that.

And yet the weirdness continues. On the server machine all files like movies, epg and m3u are located on the "H" drive. On my second machine where I simple copy and pasted the programdata file from the server there is no "H" drive but yet Emby runs like a champ with no issues. I thought at first that maybe since they are on the same home network it could be accessing the "H" drive on the server. But common sense tells me that is impossible right because there is no permission set for PC #2 to access the server. So how is that possible? Anyway I am not going to hunt down the problem because Emby is working just fine. But thanks to you all for the help. Cheers!!!

• Thanks 1

Hi, on the second machine are you actually able to play anything? I’m guessing no, right.

i think when you first start it up you’re just looking at previously generated data from the database. If it can’t access anything then it’s only going to last for so long before it starts having issues.

ErikaJ

Thanks Luke but actually no. It has been running for hours and yesterday when I was having a problem with the server, I actually took the programdata file from the second machine and copied it to the server. This save a lot of time as far as setting up Emby. I use the server only to DL things and do work on the m3u's for Emby. Once I have it right then I just copy everything over to the second machine. I used to have both machines talk to each other since they are on the same home network but using that config slowed down my server when I was working on a project and the second machine was running Emby. So I decided to just disconnect them and that frees up resources for my server. It is just strange so I thought I would ask. Tomorrow morning I will just start up the second machine (which is also a server now when I disconnected them) without the 1st serer running and see if Emby still runs fine. I would think not as it shouldn't but these are Windows machines after all so who knows. LOL Cheers!!!

ErikaJ

Well Live TV is working fine on box 2 with box 1 shut down and no connection to each other except via my home network.

• Thanks 1