Upgraded CPU + Updated WIn10 x64 to Win11, now video stutter

phunzie
Go to solution Solved by phunzie,

phunzie

i upgraded my AMD cpu from Ryzen 5 2400g to Ryzen 7 5700G, then immediately updated Win10 Pro x64 to Win11....now when i start to play a movie file i get video stuttering for the first 10-15 seconds of the movie (4K and 1080p mkvs), then it eventually smooths out...this was not happening before the updates, and video files play fine in MPC-HC and VLC...using latest E4K 8.2.15 and Kodi v20.2

any thoughts?

Added @quickmicI would suggest attaching the kodi log to the thread as well.

But most likely this isn't an Emby question, or an Emby for Kodi question. It's more likely just a general Kodi playback question.

phunzie

thanks for the response...i did also reach out on the Kodi forum...so far they advised i try the latest nightly release, but it didn't help

i've attached my Emby Log to this post.

embyserver.txt

Yea based on this log it looks like Kodi is just direct playing the file. That takes it out of Emby Server's hands and out of Emby for Kodi's hands. Sorry, I wish I had a better answer, but it is Kodi's video player.

Why not try Emby Theater?

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

phunzie

ET looks interesting...i will give it a test drive for a few days...curious if it has the customizations to layout that i'd like

• Thanks 1

• Solution
phunzie

Kodi settings related to HDR and Adjustments to Refresh Rate were causing my stuttering issues

i was also seeing the issue in Emby Theater, but haven't yet tried to address it there

Edited by phunzie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1