Can't Log-in to Emby Server

Witchita

Witchita

I can't log in to the Emby Server on my Synology NAS. Has worked fine for couple years. Now get "Invalid username/password". Tried password reset but have no idea how to find the "var" file. Any help would be greatly appreciated- I am clueless about computers.

/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/passwordreset.txt

Witchita

I can't log-in to Emby Server- invalid username/password. This started after replacing my router. I have requested to change password, but I do not know where/how to find the "var" file on my Synology NAS.

Witchita

I have looked at the instructions. To be honest, I do not understand them, and I am worried I will mess things up even more trying to follow the instructions.

Witchita

Thank you GrimReaper. That is the same place Luke directed me to. I really do not understand it, and am uncomfortable delving that deep on my own.

2 hours ago, Witchita said:

Thank you GrimReaper. That is the same place Luke directed me to. I really do not understand it, and am uncomfortable delving that deep on my own.

You may not feel comfortable doing it, as no one does at first, but you really have no choice but to learn SSH and how to use the basic command line.

Your alternative is to forget NAS boxes which run linux under the covers and run a Windows OS on something that fits the bill.

Witchita

Thank you for the assistance. I did not have time to try the SSH this weekend. But, I did try logging in again to the server and for some reason it worked

6 hours ago, Witchita said:

Thank you for the assistance. I did not have time to try the SSH this weekend. But, I did try logging in again to the server and for some reason it worked

Hi that's great to hear. Do you think that you're all set now?