HDHomerun multiple recordings

mjdbb1
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi all - I'm playing around with an HD Homerun Duo and Emby.  So far working nicely, but I noticed that I can record two shows at once (expected, since it's the two tuner model).  But if I try to record a third, I expected an error of some sort.  Instead, it just appears as if it's recording.  You don't know there's not a tuner available until you check the actual recordings.  Not a huge deal, but I have to keep track and make sure no shows are overlapping.  Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks for any help!

justinrh
9 hours ago, mjdbb1 said:

You don't know there's not a tuner available until you check the actual recordings.

Do you mean while you are looking at the guide selecting programs to record?  It would be excellent for Emby to warn the user.

If a program "appears as if it's recording" but isn't, that would be a straight up bug.

I'm sure Emby folks will ask for a server log ...

Yes.  While on the guide I can select any number of programs to record, regardless of how many actual tuners I have.  It only records whatever the first two to get selected are.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, mjdbb1 said:

Yes.  While on the guide I can select any number of programs to record, regardless of how many actual tuners I have.  It only records whatever the first two to get selected are.

Hi, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

I have attached logs from the time, if that helps.  As for a specific example, I'm not sure how exactly.  It appears you can just select as many shows as you want to record at the same time.  Seems like there should be a way to 'inform' Emby server of how many tuners you have available - unless I'm missing something?

embyserver.txt

49 minutes ago, justinrh said:

Luke, what do you need an example of?

I have only 2 tuners ...

image.png.e5c4de22224c9da45a828b16d0ee0099.png

Yes!  That's exactly what I'm seeing too (should have thought to do a screenshot).  Seems like there should be a way to tell Emby how many tuners you have (maybe there is somewhere I don't know)? 

• Solution

Right OK, currently yes, the server will allow you to overschedule if that's what you're asking about. It's something we plan to look at improving in future updates. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Right OK, currently yes, the server will allow you to overschedule if that's what you're asking about. It's something we plan to look at improving in future updates. Thanks.

Thanks for confirming!  A suggestion might be to simply ask at some point how many tuners are available.  Emby could then give a warning if you set up a conflict or try to record too many simultaneous recordings.  Just a suggestion.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1