Library refresh

GJsemby

GJsemby

I am using Emby on a Mac mini intel On Sonoma. Everything is working great except for refreshing my libraries, it will only happen if I do it manually. Also even when doing it manually you do not see the changes until you exit and relaunch Emby. I have a check mark beside detect changes. I have my libraries stored on a Nas. There is no way to ask libraries to refresh say every 15 Minutes?

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, GJsemby said:

I have a check mark beside detect changes. I have my libraries stored on a Nas.

Might be that you have reached limit on inotify instances. Post server log. 

8 minutes ago, GJsemby said:

There is no way to ask libraries to refresh say every 15 Minutes?

There is, set 15 min interval for Scan media library schefuled task, though that seems a bit excessive, scanning entire library in such short intervals, let's rather focus on getting that RTM working if possible. 

blgentry

Real Time Monitoring works on locally attached file systems, but does not work reliably on Macs with network mounted drives/storage.  Generally speaking you need to set up a schedule if you want that to happen automatically. 

Brian.

In the server scheduled task section, but every 15 minutes is a little excessive and may cause higher resource consumption on the machine so I would try to find a balance.

• 2 months later...
bcondemi

Need some help here for a similar issue,

I'm running the Emby Server on a mac mini with an internal second drive. (no issues library scanning)

My home screen consists of

1. My media

2. Latest watched

3. latest media

- triggered task is set up to 15 minutes (for now)

-date: added for new content, set up as 'Use File Creation Date'

During testing, i see my media at the top (tv shows), and the latest media with some episodes and cover art, however, after adding a new TV show episode, I wait more than 15 minutes, even 2 hours and the home screen/episodes do not change. under 'latest watched'. The new show I added is not there. If I click the top (my media) 'TV shows', the library shows up with the newest tv show episode just added, as well as re-organized correctly. (I have library 'sort by date added date.')

Therefore, it seems that the new media is being sorted , but the new episode (cover art, badge numbers, etc) does not appear under 'latest media'. I have to select 'my media' to see the change.

Is this possible to see the episodes/movies being added in real time? or am i missing a setting or two?

appreciate the help,

B

12 hours ago, bcondemi said:

Need some help here for a similar issue,

I'm running the Emby Server on a mac mini with an internal second drive. (no issues library scanning)

My home screen consists of

1. My media

2. Latest watched

3. latest media

- triggered task is set up to 15 minutes (for now)

-date: added for new content, set up as 'Use File Creation Date'

During testing, i see my media at the top (tv shows), and the latest media with some episodes and cover art, however, after adding a new TV show episode, I wait more than 15 minutes, even 2 hours and the home screen/episodes do not change. under 'latest watched'. The new show I added is not there. If I click the top (my media) 'TV shows', the library shows up with the newest tv show episode just added, as well as re-organized correctly. (I have library 'sort by date added date.')

Therefore, it seems that the new media is being sorted , but the new episode (cover art, badge numbers, etc) does not appear under 'latest media'. I have to select 'my media' to see the change.

Is this possible to see the episodes/movies being added in real time? or am i missing a setting or two?

appreciate the help,

B

HI, I would locate the episode, then use the metadata editor to check the date added value for the episode. Can you show a screenshot of that? Thanks.

bcondemi

First shot is of the home screen. Latest-1 golden bachelor, will trent... etc.

Second shot, the crown date was added as shown

Third shot, after i returned to home page. and marked tom gun as played

TY

Edited by bcondemi

Hi, the screenshot you showed is from the metadata editor of the season, not the episode. 

Can you please drill down one level further and then show a screenshot from the episode level? Thanks.

bcondemi

Like i stated before, it IS in TV shows, but does not display right after downloading, (even upto 2 hours or more) on the home screeen. I have to click 'my media' to open latest media and re-fresh the page.

bcondemi

One more thing,

I'm using an nvidia sheild pro 2019. ai upscaling, dolby vision, etc.. I cannot get any sound coming through when playing anything

(I'm also testing another media player and sound, everything works.)

Must be an audio setting im missing. I will check these tonight.

Thank-you

bcondemi

Got the sound working now, (HDMI cable unplug, then re-plug) due to other apps' configurations conflicting.

SO it seems The server is in fact updating the newly added tv episodes and movies, The home screen does not show these unless the page is re-freshed, (clicking the 'my media' either tv or movies) then opens all the media in that category and the newly added item is displayed.**(this is the one feature I'm looking to see working)

The more I dive into this program, the better i like it over all. 

TY

bcondemi

... Just let me know if the home screen can update added content (once it downloads it and gets scanned), Without having to manually re-fresh the library.

and where do I enable the chapter thumbnails during fast forward, I can't seem to find this setting.

Thank-you

Edited by bcondemi

7 minutes ago, bcondemi said:

... Just let me know if the home screen can update added content (once it downloads it and gets scanned), Without having to manually re-fresh the library.

and where do I enable the chapter thumbnails during fast forward, I can't seem to find this setting.

Thank-you

Yes it can.

And that is in the options for each library. Just click on a library in Emby library setup.