Any way to get Emby to ignore a parent folder?

JoshWP
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Howdy. In my server's file system I've got a folder and sub-folders listed like this:

image.png.ffb635a728e57d600d91c7d13e9304d3.png 

Which is great because it helps me keep all the MCU stuff organized. Now the problem is that within Emby, the above series aren't listed as independent shows, but instead are treated as seasons of a show called MCU:

image.thumb.png.bbd21b1f93b772a3134a2c437608b76a.png

I can't figure out why it's doing this. Is there a way to get Emby to display the shows within the MCU folder as their own series while ignoring the MCU folder itself?

Thanks!

Hello JoshWP,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

GrimReaper

How are your files named and organized? What library type it is and what is it's path? 

Edit: In particular, how does Marvel's What If filefolder structure/naming look like? 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

Thanks for the reply. I'm using TheTVDB's standard formatting, so:

image.png.6e02c3f8cbe1cb92bca95b21e7cc9e18.png

Server is running TrueNAS, files accessible through a Windows SMB share. Library type is "TV Shows"
Example file path is Z:\!Media\TV\MCU\Marvel's What If\Marvel's What If - S01E01 - Captain Carter Were The First Avenger.mkv

• Solution
GrimReaper

Based on your screenshots, wild guess would be that either Marvel's What If, Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel is causing issues. Though technically season folder-less structure should (and it usually does) work, occasionally it throws parser off. Ťry creating Season 1 subfolder in each of those 3 shows, move all season 1 episodes into it, delete any existing NFOs (if saved with media), scan media library afterwards. 

9 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Based on your screenshots, wild guess would be that either Marvel's What If, Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel is causing issues. Though technically season folder-less structure should (and it usually does) work, occasionally it throws parser off. Ťry creating Season 1 subfolder in each of those 3 shows, move all season 1 episodes into it, delete any existing NFOs (if saved with media), scan media library afterwards. 

Awesome, this seemed to do the trick, thanks very much!

• Like 1