Having trouble with TV showing every season

Architekt
Go to solution Solved by jaycedk,

Architekt

I'm following the wiki (wiki link) for naming convenctions, and, as an example, let's use Conan O'Brien, which is a date formate show, and under "By date" which sounds like what the Conan O'Brien show is, it says to name them like so:

• anything_1996.11.14.ext
  • anything_1996-11-14.ext
  • anything_14.11.1996.ext

As for folder structure, at the top it says "the recommended folder layout is Series (year)\Season #\Episode" which is how I have mine set up. Here's an example that also includes the way the Conan O'Brien episodes are named. To me, this seems like I'm following the convention:

image.png.1b29332433516317f5ad095dee566a66.png

I also have "display missing episodes within seasons" unchecked in the settings. Anyway, I expected that when I clicked on the Conan show I would just see a "Season 11" since that's all I have, and then all the shows you see circled to the right of the above image. Instead, I see a bunch of seasons that include every episode from that season, even ones I don't have. It looks like this instead:

image.thumb.png.e50d471a6d45a48290a3c306ec104c8d.png

image.thumb.png.e52e3c1b1a4eae51665e4991a878f5f1.png

I've rescanned my folder, refreshed metadata (including overwriting existing data) and it still shows up the same. 

In fact, this happens with ALL my TV shows. For example, here is my folder structure for "Party Down":

image.thumb.png.cb9dec806284dfe740118362136bd7b9.png

The wiki states that this is a valid naming format:

A number of naming conventions are supported:

• <snip>
  • anything_s01e02.ext
  • <snip>

Which the above looks like it conforms to. Yet I get a similar looking set of screens showing seasons from 1 and 2 which I don't have:

image.thumb.png.51441bf6a3d662c78baa7a2a40b9d5d3.pngimage.thumb.png.f02d17e6fedb8573a716c261874ffcc1.png

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Edited by Architekt
grammar

• Solution
jaycedk

Try with folder name conan (2010) [TvdbId=194751]

fore Party down you have this enabled in your tv library

image.png.14f1f3453c509f4fee16a596bf0a6093.png

Disable that and refresh metadata.
As you only have season 03

• Like 1

Architekt

So I DID uncheck that feature, but apparently I didn't realize that I had done it while it was partway through a scan, so I had to re-run the scan again for that to fix the episodes/seasons for which I don't have from showing up. And it turns out that by just doing that, I didn't have to rename the Conan show folder format. Thanks!

• Like 1

jaycedk

Tbh its a good thing to add  [TvdbId=xxxxxx]

It will help a lot with identifying tv-shows.

If you take the show Charmed and Charmed (2018) they where always mixed up.

Until I added  [TvdbId=xxxxxx] to my folder structure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1