Episode Ordering mixed up

kingom
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi folks

I have a strange problem.
A handfull of TV Shows have a mixed up ordering on Emby TV App (tested with LG TV native app and firetv app).

instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 i see 20, 18, 6, 9

This happens only if i'm on the TV Show main page.
When i call the page for Ep1 or Season 1 then the Episodes ordering show up correct below it.
Episodes are pre scraped like every other tv show. Files and NFO look totaly unsuspicious.

There is no sorting that i could change, does sombody know why this is happening and how to solve this?

photo1695980224.jpeg

GrimReaper

If you opt for "Always show season folders" for Preferred series display under App Settings>Display tab, how does that compare? 

image.png.e10aaf9af0268c77a20c3238521c9438.png.055a52f644149dee5ebcf37ea807fb27.png

Edited by GrimReaper
Screenshot

GrimReaper

Not an LG user, but I'm assuming your TV app should have it, as your screenshot shows one of the other two options selected:

On 9/29/2023 at 11:53 AM, kingom said:

photo1695980224.jpeg

35 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

ot an LG user, but I'm assuming your TV app should have it, as your screenshot shows one of the other two options selected:

I think the app is probably doing that by default since it is a one season series.

@kingomto edit this setting you would probably have to login to your server with app.emby.media.

@GrimReaper
sry screenshot with the missing setting was from the Web Cleint :)

On LG App i have the setting. i changed it to "Always show season folders"
Then i see the Season 1 Folder for the Show. i select it it shows 1-20 Episodes in korrekt order from top to bottom.

I start Episode 1 but on the end it doesn't play Epiosde 2 but instead it plays Episode 8.

14 hours ago, Luke said:

What exactly did you do?

i go to the TV Show click refresh metadata and pick replace all Metadata including images. Tired it serveral times.

• Solution

OK please try going into one of the affected series with the metadata editor and clicking save on each episode. While you do that, check the episode number and season number values for each one to ensure they are correct. Please see if that helps.

12 hours ago, Luke said:

OK please try going into one of the affected series with the metadata editor and clicking save on each episode. While you do that, check the episode number and season number values for each one to ensure they are correct. Please see if that helps.

Accepted Answer!

This does the trick. After editing and saving all episodes the ordering is correct.

Thanks for the great support!

• Thanks 1