Emby on Android Auto not staying in memory

Meijinhada

Meijinhada

I've updated to the recent beta for Emby, 3.3.32, and now I'm noticing that it won't stay in memory with Android Auto.  Before, I could expect to turn my car on and have it immediately resume playing whatever I had been listening to previous.  Now it comes up with a "network error" and I have to reselect my playlist or genre.  And it's definitely connected, because Emby itself will work fine; it just won't resume.  (Though side note, I've noticed that error happen whenever I try to re-mix a playlist while it's playing in Android Auto; "network error," have to try it again, works at that point. Every. Single. Time.)

I'm still trying to get a log; I can't download it from the app, but every time I try to find the actual file, the app I use keeps re asking for permissions.

Hi, thanks for the log. There is an issue with this that we've identified and have resolved for the next Emby android app update. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
sargenthp

Any updates on this?  I noticed if I open a playlist, and tell it to play random.  If I get out of the vehicle and come back in it is no longer in random mode.

Thanks guys!

Meijinhada
5 hours ago, sargenthp said:

Any updates on this?  I noticed if I open a playlist, and tell it to play random.  If I get out of the vehicle and come back in it is no longer in random mode.

Thanks guys!

Mine is mostly working once I updated from the Emby website directly with an apk; Google Play Store was behind.  But it will lose my playlist sometimes still after I shut the car down, and trying to load another random mix if one is playing will cause an error and I'll need to randomly select again.

Also, not that I think it's related to this, I'm happy I can select a genre now through the AA screen,  but it claims it can't find any files.  It's probably because the genre I like to play is huge, but still.

6 hours ago, sargenthp said:

Thanks guys!

Hi, yes the next update to the Emby android app will improve support for remembering the android auto play queue.

• Thanks 1