Can't seem to play movies with browser.

sven01
Go to solution Solved by rodainas,

I am running a emby server on a manjaro desktop.  up to date.  i am trying to watch movies on the web browser(firefox, safari, chrome, duckgo) on my iphone 11 or 12.  it constantly hangs, unless i play a music song beforehand, then it will play.  but very shittily.  if i run the movies through the app on the phone, no issues and runs fine/not shittily.  also no workaround it necessary.

i also tried to view it from the phone remotely, and within the network wifi.  neither made a difference.  also tried it on another iphone within the same wifi network, same issue.

strangely enough, when i set up my brothers account, he was able to view movie files fine.  he lives in a different state/remote connection.  he used an ipad, not sure which browser, probably safari.

oh, and if i pull up emby on my other linux desktop, also running arch based system/firefox/uptodate, i have no issues playing any file.

what should i do first?

Edited by lumberjacket

• Solution
rodainas

Browsers codec support is limited, and vary from browser to browser, some media needs to be transcoded or converted from the server to be able to play on some browsers.

The recommended method to play media because of that is to use the client app designed for each system.