How to refresh cast/actors metadata only?

embylad892746
Go to solution Solved by embylad892746,

embylad892746

After a recent library rebuild, I have cast info but it's significantly lacking compared to before my rebuild. For example movie will show only 1 or 2  cast members. If i click "refresh metadata" for an individual movie/episode, it fixes the problem and I'll have 10+ cast members showing typically.

However, in terms of batch processing, the only option I find is on the library i can select "refresh all metadata", but the problem with this is (correct me if i'm wrong) this will cause all images, all video-thumbnails + previews as well to be re-done?

Thanks for any advice.

embylad892746

In terms of only refreshing actor metadata, if it's not possible with native functionality, maybe the option is this API endpoint?

Edited by embylad892746
wrong link pasted

embylad892746

on further inspection, that endpoint won't help since it only refreshes existing actors, my issue is i want to fetch missing actors..

embylad892746

Nevermind. I found out that clicking "Refresh Metadata" with "replace images" unchecked, does not touch any image data or preview thumbnails. All cast members are not showing.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
embylad892746

Hi @Lukei'm still having problems with metadata. When a new movie/tv show is added to Emby, Emby will consistently only pull 2 actors. If i click on refresh metadata manually, then it will add the full cast (typically 10+ cast members). Issue happens regardless of metadata preference order. Any suggestions? Is my Emby corrupt? How can this be?

embylad892746

My metadata is saved to .nfo files, but this is the not the cause since it's happening with new movies + tv shows which don't have existing nfo files.

What metadata fetchers are enabled on the library and in what order? Have you checked to see what info your highest priority fetcher has?

embylad892746
9 hours ago, Luke said:

What metadata fetchers are enabled on the library and in what order? Have you checked to see what info your highest priority fetcher has?

image.png.e4a70534b34e974eb0b73f284e23fb80.png

it doesn't matter what order metadata provider is. Still happens

Edited by embylad892746

embylad892746

@Lukethanks for your help but just to reiterate: when Emby first adds new media, it will only add 1-2 actors. Yes, I can manually refresh the data myself to fix it but this isn't a solution because i can't be expected to manually refresh every an item is added to my library. I've already tried putting the MovieDB first, it made no difference. Same problem; upon item discovery it will add 1-2 actors, nothing more.

• Solution
embylad892746

It looks like you were correct! There was an option enabled in radarr for writing nfo files and I think it was enabled by default. Disabled it and last 2 films seemed to be fixed.

in regards for Sonarr, nfo was turned off and after closer inspection it looks like tv show cast metadata was actually working all along (I stand corrected)

This all started happening several weeks ago when I enabled nfo metadata creation with emby, so it all makes sense.

Thanks Luke!

Edited by embylad892746
  • Thanks 1