Always get wrong passworoc

80srule

Every time I add tell friends to go to Emby.media/connect and register so they can get on my server they do and then when signing in it says wrong password even though they say it’s correct password 

After registering at then Emby.media/connect link

then they give me the username and the email address so that they can use the connect on the apps. But whenever they go to the website to enter the pin code, it tells them that they have the wrong password, even though they just made up the account and password just prior.

I tried it with an alternate email I had and made up a ridiculous password 12345678 just so I could see Sharon enough it wouldn’t let me in. I had to go back in and change the password before it said it was right.  

then they give me the username and the email address

What would you do with the username? It is not used for anything with Emby Connect.

I would check with them and make sure that they're logging in using the email address, not the username.

They need to send me the username so I can add them to the server. If I don’t add the email address and the username to the server, then they can’t login to the server. 

how else are they gonna log into the server if I don’t put their info onto the server?

The user name that you set on Emby server can be anything you want. The link between that and their Emby Connect account is via the email address.

Anyway regarding any possible login problem. What exactly did you reproduce? Can you please explain that more? Thanks.

I know the username can be anything but I have them make it up because they need to know what it is in case they have to do a manual login on the android TV/Fire TV version. 

As far as what we ended up with it seems that one once they confirmed the email it let them login. So maybe that will solve some of them. I did not know that that needed to be confirmed because I assumed that had something to do with the forum here and not logging into a server. But I have one that I’ve been trying to use extra email. To see if I could replicate what they were saying and I still have not been able to get in through connect. I can manually login, which is even more confusing because it’s the same password.  

To see if I could replicate what they were saying and I still have not been able to get in through connect.

Maybe you're confusing the difference between Emby Connect users and users on your server? For example, trying to use the password from your server when trying to sign in with Emby Connect. That won't work.

What do you mean? The password is the same. Unless I change it on the server. The password is chosen when you set up a connect account 

8 hours ago, 80srule said:

What do you mean? The password is the same. Unless I change it on the server. The password is chosen when you set up a connect account 

A password is also chosen when you create the local user account and it is completely unrelated to the Connect one.

In any case, it sounds like you have found your answer:

11 hours ago, 80srule said:

one once they confirmed the email it let them login

They will have to validate the user creation before they can login to either the forum or connect.

I don’t ever choose a password, the only thing I add, is the username and then email. And set any settings. 
becusee the server password won’t work if they use connect. 

37 minutes ago, 80srule said:

I don’t ever choose a password, the only thing I add, is the username and then email. And set any settings. 
becusee the server password won’t work if they use connect. 

Hi.  You should go and input a password for all of these users right now.  What you have now is all your users exposed with absolutely no password.  All anyone has to do is find your server address and they are in.

Since your users never use this method of login, you can make the passwords whatever you wish.