Best NAS for Emby

Aviad_Dayan

Aviad_Dayan

Hello, i want to buy NAS storage and run Emby on it.

what is the best 4 bay  disk NAS that is recommended to have that is working  good with Emby server and running 4K movies without any issue and blu-ray movies as well.

important that network port will be 2.5GB and not 1GB.

Hi, Synology has a number of models with a 2.5GB network port. My suggestion would be to get the best one of those based on whatever your budget is.

Aviad_Dayan

I have no  expiries with this  and don't know all models.

i am not lock on Synology, id you recommend on a norther model i will be happy to know.

Aviad_Dayan
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, Synology has a number of models with a 2.5GB network port. My suggestion would be to get the best one of those based on whatever your budget is.

I have no  expiries with this  and don't know all models.

i am not lock on Synology, id you recommend on a norther model i will be happy to know.

OK I think I was wrong. It's only the high end models that have the 2.5BG network, and they all come with lots of bay slots. Asustor is also a great choice:

https://www.asustor.com/product/product_list

Use the filters to select only the 4-bay models. It looks like all four models come with 2.5GB network ports.

Aviad_Dayan
8 hours ago, Luke said:

OK I think I was wrong. It's only the high end models that have the 2.5BG network, and they all come with lots of bay slots. Asustor is also a great choice:

https://www.asustor.com/product/product_list

Use the filters to select only the 4-bay models. It looks like all four models come with 2.5GB network ports.

i did google and i have a question,

what is the best manufactory of NAS that will run Emby server and play  and decoding   4K and Blu-Ray  movies:

1. Synology - (Will be happy to get a good model)
  2. QNAP TS-453D-4G
  3. Asustor Drivestor 4 Pro AS3304T

17 hours ago, Aviad_Dayan said:

i did google and i have a question,

what is the best manufactory of NAS that will run Emby server and play  and decoding   4K and Blu-Ray  movies:

1. Synology - (Will be happy to get a good model)
  2. QNAP TS-453D-4G
  3. Asustor Drivestor 4 Pro AS3304T

They're all great choices. It's a matter of which one you prefer. I like the Synology web UI so that's why I looked at their models first, but Emby Server runs well on all of them.

Aviad_Dayan
2 hours ago, Luke said:

They're all great choices. It's a matter of which one you prefer. I like the Synology web UI so that's why I looked at their models first, but Emby Server runs well on all of them.

Yes but I need one with decoding options to run 4k and blu ray.

do you have any recommendations 

FrostByte
7 hours ago, Aviad_Dayan said:

Yes but I need one with decoding options to run 4k and blu ray.

do you have any recommendations 

If transcoding, then get one with an Intel processor and gpu.  None of the Ryzen models have a gpu and thus you can't take advantage of va-api.

Most Synology plus models support link aggregation, though that of course uses 2 ports on each side vs just one.