Metadata Selection Series Aired / DVD

eph77341
Go to solution Solved by eph77341,

Hi!

Is there a way to select which kind of metadata emby is scraping?

For example Doctor Who (2005) has specials which are in DVD order at the correct position (e.g. https://thetvdb.com/series/doctor-who-2005/episodes/311603 DVD: 2x01 / Aired: 0x02).

My folder/data-structure is exact as DVD order, but emby is matching the aired order so the titles are not matching. And i don't want to change this in case i have to use the files without emby. The showing order is set to "DVD" but the metadata for each episode are incorrect...

So is it possible to scrape for the DVD order?

Junglejim
12 minutes ago, eph77341 said:

Hi!

Is there a way to select which kind of metadata emby is scraping?

For example Doctor Who (2005) has specials which are in DVD order at the correct position (e.g. https://thetvdb.com/series/doctor-who-2005/episodes/311603 DVD: 2x01 / Aired: 0x02).

My folder/data-structure is exact as DVD order, but emby is matching the aired order so the titles are not matching. And i don't want to change this in case i have to use the files without emby. The showing order is set to "DVD" but the metadata for each episode are incorrect...

So is it possible to scrape for the DVD order?

Once you set the order to DVD did you refresh the whole series?

EDIT: Also select replace images because some episode thumbs will have to change.

Edited by Junglejim

Yes, I also tried this:

In the metadata-manager i refreshed and replaced everything. I also tried to remove .nfo files in season 2, but it always matches 2x01 (DVD) to 2x01 (Aired). But only the title and information. The Episode number seems to come from file name and is correct. But this way i only see 13 episodes from season 2 and one file is ignored.

image.png.6aff8830ccba1841af251dc8e879cd40.png

image.png.3de490f849bc268b2d5a5c72366c6fae.png

image.png.44dfc8c3d2dff34ff391d7fdaaa85053.png

Edited by eph77341

Junglejim

Yes the episode number comes from the filename. So your naming numbers should follow the DVD structure. I don't use nfo files so I can't comment on that but it could be a problem, not sure though.

Is that the only problem, 2x01 (DVD) to 2x01 (Aired)... "The Christmas Invasion" is getting named to "New Earth"?

Edited by Junglejim

No, it's not the only problem. The complete season has wrong names (everything is moved by one). And one episode is missing because emby tries to fit 14 files to 13 episodes.

Junglejim

I would double check your file structure, something is off there. It can be a pain but that's all I can think of.

Maybe post a ss of your file system for Dr Who season 2? Or is everything off by one episode?

EDIT: Do you have a double episode by any chance..?

Edited by Junglejim

I believe the issue might be that the tvdbid is in all of the episodes, and when this is present, we use that to fetch episode info. So this is getting left over even after you set the dvd order. This is something we need to look at.

In the meantime, if you blank the value out for one episode and then refresh the metadata on that episode, then it should fix it for that one.

• Solution

Hey,

i tried the following:

1. delete the library

2. added it again

3. quickly go to meta data manager and set Doctor Who order to "DVD" (before tvshow.nfo was generated on file system)

4. wait for metadata to be fetched

=> now everything looks good!

somewhere, where i could not find it, the wrong information was stored, so thanks for that hint and both of you thank you for your quick help!

Edited by eph77341
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
kamhouse

I have found that when the ordering of meta data providers has TheMovieDB first before TheTVDB, then it has trouble using the DVD ordering from TheTVDB.

I would like to see Emby offer a full list of metadata options in the Display Order dropdown. I think both TheMovieDB and TheTVDB have additional user created orderings. If there is an API to pull those alternate user created orderings it would be nice if Emby could retrieve those and let a user choose that for the ordering.

From a user interface standpoint, perhaps we need to choose TheMovieDB first as the preferred provider for that individual series and then have Emby pull the additional ordering data into a separate field for selection and have it refresh on the fly while in the settings dialog.

Edited by kamhouse

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, kamhouse said:

I have found that when the ordering of meta data providers has TheMovieDB first before TheTVDB, then it has trouble using the DVD ordering from TheTVDB.

Currently only TVDB alternate orders (DVD, Absolute) are supported, can't have those with TMDB as primary/top-preferred meta-provider, TVDB on top is required. 

6 minutes ago, kamhouse said:

I would like to see Emby offer a full list of metadata options in the Display Order dropdown. It would be nice if we could choose which provider and which ordering is used on an individual series basis.  In addition to that, I think both TheMovieDB and TheTVDB have additional user created orderings. If there is an API to pull those alternate user created orderings it would be nice if Emby could retrieve those (on demand) and let a user choose that for the ordering.

You can lend your support here:

kamhouse
4 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Currently only TVDB alternate orders (DVD, Absolute) are supported, can't have those with TMDB as primary/top-preferred meta-provider, TVDB on top is required. 

Seems like a bug doesn't it? How does one use the metadata from the secondary provider? Is the only reason for having a secondary provider for instances of a completely missing entry in the primary?

Edited by kamhouse

32 minutes ago, kamhouse said:

Seems like a bug doesn't it? How does one use the metadata from the secondary provider? Is the only reason for having a secondary provider for instances of a completely missing entry in the primary?

Secondary providers can be used to add information that the first provider doesn't have, such as ratings, descriptions, etc.

But for something like the episode order, that has to come from the highest priority fetcher. Currently only the tvdb fetcher has added support for these orders. It needs to be added to MovieDb fetching as well.

kamhouse
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Secondary providers can be used to add information that the first provider doesn't have, such as ratings, descriptions, etc.

But for something like the episode order, that has to come from the highest priority fetcher. Currently only the tvdb fetcher has added support for these orders. It needs to be added to MovieDb fetching as well.

One of the reasons I've had TheMovieDB as my primary provider in Emby is because Modern Marvels is a weird series and TheMovieDB seemed to have the most logical ordering and the least amount of error. I couldn't get that ordering any other way. Of course that causes problems with DVD sets that have different orderings.

However Plex seems to have the issue solved with the ability to choose either provider on a series basis. So I've been using Plex for the day-to-day server, with Emby as a backup.