Petty gripe....but how are actor pictures selected by emby?

Ronstang

Ronstang

Most of my content is older, I like classic movies and TV shows for the most part.  I love having all the info that emby provides but it does drive me a little nuts when the picture of an actor or actress is some 90 year old unrecognizable yoda like creature when the last film or TV show they did was 60 years ago.  I would prefer to see pictures that are from the height of their career because that is how they are remembered.  It's great to find that some of these greats of yesteryear are still alive and it is sad when you hear of ones passing but I'd still prefer the pictures in emby to reflect what they looked like when they were making great memories for us all.

What metric decides what pictures are used?  Because on some actors the pictures are studio stills from their heyday and then others are from more recent times.

Hi, there aren't any metrics. When an actor is first imported into your library, whether they came from moviedb or tvdb, we got an image that point in time, so that's the image that you have for that actor.