Download button broken on iOS 17

vdrover
Go to solution Solved by Rohanaj,

I have a weird issue on iOS 17 and my iPhone 14 Pro. When I try to download something, the `quality` dropdown is missing. And when I click the download button itself, the button `blinks` but nothing happens (see attached). I am running Emby 4.7.14.0 on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS, and I am using the most recent Emby app version, 2.2.13.

This problem is NOT HAPPENING on my iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 16, and it is NOT HAPPENING on iPadOS 17.

Can anyone else confirm this issue on iOS 17?

IMG_FEFB18D2BFE6-1.jpeg

This has been previously reported but I haven't yet traced down the cause of why this dialog is coming up blank for some people. Still looking into it.

Can you use the hosted web app and select "download to" http://app.emby.media

Is it blank there?

• Solution

I was having this same issue with the iOS app, on both iPhone and iPad, and it was solved by completely removing the Emby app and reinstalling it on those devices.  After reinstalling, the download button began functioning correctly again.

However, to be clear, one iPhone was running on 17, another iPhone on 16.6, and the iPad was back on iPadOS 15.9.  All had the same problem until removing and reinstalling the Emby app, and all work appropriately now.

I'm not sure if that's all that helpful, but thought I'd share just in case.

• 1 month later...