'Display missing episodes within series' not working

kingmustard

kingmustard

I have a Library with the Content type of TV show.

I have 'Display missing episodes within series' ticked within 'Show advanced settings' but it only shows the series I have video files for.

I have even tried deleting the Library and re-creating it.

I have attached a screenshot of the Library's Settings.

Any ideas?

eb_emby-missingep-01.thumb.png.9fc158c6c9651423616ea80e4e09e76a.png

Edited by kingmustard

Hi, I would go through the metadata editor and make sure that every single season and episode for a show is tagged with season and episode numbers.

If even one is missing, then the missing episodes feature will be skipped for the entire series - this is a safeguard to avoid users reporting the problem of the missing episodes feature duplicating content that they already have, but occasionally the strict nature of it can cause this as well.

Also it only works for series that are configured to aired date display order (which is the default anyway).

kingmustard
Just now, Luke said:

Hi, I would go through the metadata editor and make sure that every single season and episode for a show is tagged with season and episode numbers.

If even one is missing, then the missing episodes feature will be skipped for the entire series - this is a safeguard to avoid users reporting the problem of the missing episodes feature duplicating content that they already have, but occasionally the strict nature of it can cause this as well.

Also it only works for series that are configured to aired date display order (which is the default anyway).

I just checked and it's not working for any of the TV shows in the folder, even though they're all (or, at the very least, most) tagged correctly.

Interestingly enough, it used to work in this folder before I reinstalled Windows / Emby a few weeks ago, so I know the video files are labelled correctly.

It appears to not be working full stop.

Any other ideas?

kingmustard
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Did you check what i suggested? What exactly did you check and where?

The folder within the Library contains many TV shows and Emby is not showing the missing episodes for any of them.

It did before I reinstalled Windows / Emby, and the video folder/file structure had not changed, so the files are perfectly fine.

I would go through the metadata editor and make sure that every single season and episode for a show is tagged with season and episode numbers.