Recording post processing - exit code 1

tuckjordan20

tuckjordan20

Hi,

I am attempting to run comskip after recording UK Freeview channels but on each recording i'm getting an exit code 1 immediately after the post processing begins, highlighted below in bold as an extract from my log:

2023-09-20 09:57:00.183 Info LiveTV: Running recording post processor /usr/local/bin/comskip --ini=/home/tuckstv/comskip.ini "/home/tuckstv/recordings/Frasier (1993)/Season 10/Frasier S10E11 Door Jam.ts"
2023-09-20 09:57:00.187 Info LiveTV: Triggering refresh on /home/tuckstv/recordings/Frasier (1993)/Season 10/Frasier S10E11 Door Jam.ts
2023-09-20 09:57:00.188 Info LiveTV: Refreshing recording parent /home/tuckstv/recordings/Frasier (1993)/Season 10
2023-09-20 09:57:00.241 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/home/tuckstv/recordings/Frasier (1993)/Season 10/Frasier S10E11 Door Jam.ts" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2023-09-20 09:57:00.245 Info LiveTV: Recording post-processing script completed with exit code 1

If I paste /usr/local/bin/comskip --ini=/home/tuckstv/comskip.ini "/home/tuckstv/recordings/Frasier (1993)/Season 10/Frasier S10E11 Door Jam.ts" in the terminal comskip works perfectly. Emby is being ran as tuckstv. 

Do you have any ideas why it might not be working? Commercial skipping is one thing that is pulling me back to Plex but I prefer Emby for pretty much everything else. 

Thanks. 

tuckjordan20

Thanks. The script definitely works as it is fine when running directly in terminal. I've changed the emby user to my main user rather than the default 'emby' to no avail, what else do you suggest to provide permissions to emby? The actual application and ini files have 755 permissions.

Thanks

I know it is a long thread, but I recommend checking the Comskipper thread under Plugins as there are lots of posts in there about Comskip failures.

I encountered a similar problem, so you might want to check out these posts in particular.  If this is the problem, the thread lists several options to address the issue.

On 9/20/2023 at 6:21 PM, tuckjordan20 said:

Thanks. The script definitely works as it is fine when running directly in terminal. I've changed the emby user to my main user rather than the default 'emby' to no avail, what else do you suggest to provide permissions to emby? The actual application and ini files have 755 permissions.

Thanks

the server can't necessarily determine why it's failing, it just knows that it is. If you make the script an empty file, does it still exit with an error code? that will tell us if it's even executing or not.