Crossover suggestion

Locutus64

Locutus64

I'm looking for ideas on the best way to handle crossover episodes. I have series I don't follow that have episodes that are part of a crossover with a show or shows I do watch. Take NCIS: Hawai'i I watch it but not the other NCIS series, so I have the loose episodes for NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS loose in my TV Series.

Locutus64

Got the below confused with this thread. I was thinking since most crossovers do no follow the storyline of the show it would be better to have the particular episodes ignored in the actual show. Say e02s06 of Hawai'i is part of a crossover it would be nice to add it to the others in the crossover as specials to be played in a certain order but only seen under the specials in the series, so when season 2 is selected it would list 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, etc..... 

sross44
4 hours ago, Locutus64 said:

Got the below confused with this thread. I was thinking since most crossovers do no follow the storyline of the show it would be better to have the particular episodes ignored in the actual show. Say e02s06 of Hawai'i is part of a crossover it would be nice to add it to the others in the crossover as specials to be played in a certain order but only seen under the specials in the series, so when season 2 is selected it would list 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, etc..... 

I'm not going to speak for the Emby team on this, but I think the problem is going to be with the metadata pulled from TVDB or wherever else. The networks list it as S02e06, so it's going to show as that in the episode list. You could theoretically create a smart playlist and combine them in to one playlist for your own benefit, but that seems like a lot of work when you can just click on a differnt series and click the episode. Just my thoughts on that? 

Locutus64

The problem with your idea is no one is going to remember or want to do a internet search to see which episodes from which show belongs in a particular crossover every time they want to watch the episodes in order. Take DC mentioned above the crossover episode for arrow might be s03e05 and in supergirl might be s02e02 and for the flash s04e06. I like the idea of a smart playlist or as I put it a playlist that I choose the files that are linked in it. In something like that I wouldn't care about show info, episode info, just that the episodes for that crossover play in the correct order. Nto having to have additional files (nfo's, images, etc...) on top of the media files. I don't keep the nfo's or anything else. If I for some reason need to edit a image for a show or movie I have dedicated folders for each TV and Movie images in my documents.