Xbox series x app appears to be broken

robbo987

Me and my friends are having the same issue with the xbox app. While playing something via direct play the app is basically unusable. 

It will completely lock up and stop playing after a few minutes or if you try to skip ahead or backwards. The app will need to be closed fully from the dashboard it becomes totally unresponsive. At other times you can hear sound but there's no video.

However it seems that if I force it to transcode, it works fine. 

It's not ideal as it's only a small home server, and I can't really do 3 simultaneous transcodes at the same time. 

Roku and andriod apps work absolutely fine with direct play. I really don't believe it is server related. 

embyserver.txt

Edited by robbo987
Log
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
ChavanaServer

Anything new to this Emby app for my

xbox has been unusable for awhile now I’m at the point of uninstalling it have possibly have to run a 2nd server if I want to use my Xbox for media

ChavanaServer
10 minutes ago, ChavanaServer said:

Anything new to this Emby app for my

xbox has been unusable for awhile now I’m at the point of uninstalling it have possibly have to run a 2nd server if I want to use my Xbox for media

Only way I’m able to play media from Emby is to cast it to the Xbox. The Xbox app itself does not work.

• Agree 1

oldschool

Everytime I play a video using the Xbox One Emby Theater app, it crashes my windows Server 2019 instance of Emby. I can provide logs if needed. I appreciate your help on this matter!!

13 hours ago, oldschool said:

Everytime I play a video using the Xbox One Emby Theater app, it crashes my windows Server 2019 instance of Emby. I can provide logs if needed. I appreciate your help on this matter!!

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!