Playing series with external player goes through all episodes

tenebrus

Hi

I'm Running emby theater on a Windows 10 PC, using MPC--BE as an external player.

When going into a series, if I click the default 'play' button it will start at the first not played episode, but if I click stop it will start the next episode. It will continue this loop until it reaches the last unplayed episode. The only way to stop the loop is to Alt-tab out and close Emby theater. If alternatively I select an episode and press play , once it ends or I press stop, the system returns to emby.

I think logically the behaviour is correct, since i'm pressing play at the season level and so emby thinks i want to play all episodes, but since it can't distinguish from the episode finishing or me pressing stop, it will always start the next episode, which is more likely than not the wrong assumption. From a logical perspective however i think that (when using an external player) it might make more sense to  always return to the interface once an episode finishes. Is it possible to have an option to control this behaviour?

Thanks