Color space messed up on SOME cartoons only on Android app

Marc_G

Hi all,

Long time, no post!

I haven't been watching via EMBY much in the last year, but I did take a moment yesterday to update to latest versions my (windows) Emby Server, my (Windows) Emby Theater, and also my Android Emby app (actually it was already latest, but I tested it anyway).

While playing some content through the Android Emby app, specifically certain cartoons, the color space is all messed up.

image.thumb.png.956e7a939113df66810622c0cbab8f37.png

I'm attaching an EMBY server logg, an ffmbpeg log from doing this, and the output from MediaInfo about this specific file so you can see the particulars of the encoding of this file.

Again, I haven't used EMBY for viewing much lately so I have no idea if this is a new/recent problem or something that could have been around for a year or more.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-directstream-64562600-5d6d-4e21-92f6-1b00963255f1_1.txt This is a life.mkv.MediaInfo.txt

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes this has been reported with Pixel devices on android 13, but is resolved with android 14.

Thanks. Is there any workaround? Not sure when my Pixel 6 will get Android 14, or if I actually want to upgrade.

1 hour ago, Marc_G said:

Thanks. Is there any workaround? Not sure when my Pixel 6 will get Android 14, or if I actually want to upgrade.

One workaround is to lower the quality setting to force transcoding.