Permissions different with recordings in Emby Docker.

lightsout

lightsout

Here is the permission set for my recording folder used in Emby (Docker/Unraid)

cap1a.JPG.2c4361a8ea9ebac923755412451602cc.JPG

Here is what the  folders are set to after Emby records something. I cannot edit these files through SMB which I need to do. Is there any way to keep them the same as the folder and all my other media shares?

cap1b.JPG.de1076d1fa2d9ef07e3fba3e99583ec1.JPG

lightsout

For anyone that finds this here was the issue:

Are you using the EmbyServer template from community apps? At a quick glance it looks like the UID and GID are both set to 2, which if you look it up (id 2) resolves to the user "daemon". You can change UID to 99 and GID to 100 which corresponds to nobody:users and is more in line with how containers are usually configured for Unraid and that should fix how your files are being written (though this may break the permissions for your appdata, so you may need to change that all over to the correct user and group as well

Not sure why the stock container does things differently, I just switched over to binhex container and all is well.

lightsout
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback !

@Luke

So I made another post about the absence of tonemapping in the Binhex version. Seems like I am having issues with both versions.

So I went back to the official Emby docker, edited the permissions in the template to match binhex hoping this would fix my issue with the TV recordings permission. But I still can't delete or write into the folder over the network.

Would be really great if someone could help me get this sorted. Certainly I am not the only one running Emby in Docker on unraid. I am sure someone has dealt with this before.

Here are my settings:

Capture.thumb.JPG.ff6593372b3bb1bcaed9d6c4ddf0715d.JPG

Edited by lightsout

lightsout
21 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please take a look at this and let us know if it helps:

https://mydeveloperplanet.com/2022/10/19/docker-files-and-volumes-permission-denied/

Thanks.

It is a bit confusing honestly. I just want Emby to work like the 8 other containers I have installed. Not sure why it is setup like this? Seems like this would come up

more often for those using the default template in unraid.

You'll have to find the source of the permissions problem. Have you checked recursively? Sometimes you can be setting it on a higher folder but something lower could be overriding.

lightsout
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

You'll have to find the source of the permissions problem. Have you checked recursively? Sometimes you can be setting it on a higher folder but something lower could be overriding.

I think I got it sorted, I change owner above and it seems to be working. I am unable to write to folders with SMB set to "secure" with a user and password. But that is not an emby issue, thanks for the help.

• Thanks 1