Skip intro not working

MaidenHell

MaidenHell

I have scanned files, scanned meta, correct box is checked along with the show skip button, even tried the skip automatically, just doesn't have any effect. Any suggestions would be great.

Asustor Lockerstor 2 gen 2 AS6702T with current Emby and current ADM

• 2 weeks later...
MaidenHell

Reading the reporting with needing the logs and the time of the problem, I don't know how I would determine the time for when it should show the skip intro that it's not doing.

I've been meaning to get more on this, just been busy with the skin graft surgeries and recoveries, I've had 7 skin grafts, three more to go, the next three Mondays are my surgery days.

35 minutes ago, MaidenHell said:

Reading the reporting with needing the logs and the time of the problem, I don't know how I would determine the time for when it should show the skip intro that it's not doing.

I've been meaning to get more on this, just been busy with the skin graft surgeries and recoveries, I've had 7 skin grafts, three more to go, the next three Mondays are my surgery days.

Hi, just the logs and indication of what you played and when should be enough, thanks

• 1 month later...
MaidenHell

I don't know why it's showing the Windows 11 on here, I haven't booted into that SSD today, I just did a test on my LMDE6 SSD watching Last of Us Series I bought and encoded.embyserver.txt

Edited by MaidenHell
capitalization on tv title

MaidenHell

I apologize for such the long time to do this, we stopped the artificial skin grafts on my foot because they weren't taking, and on Oct 24th they did a cadaver skin graft that doesn't seem to be taking, been pretty busy with all the docs

MaidenHell

I still have the Plex Premium paid up until May of 2024, but they ticked me off and lost me, that's why I went with Emby, which has been doing great except for remotely, doesn't always log in with any of the methods. I did try it with the Plex, and the skip intros are there. I only reinstalled Plex to see the diff side by side, I still prefer Emby, but the skip intro and the always login with usual failure I don't care for. Couldn't get Emby to log in while at the hospital yesterday, so I tried the Plex and it was right in. I hope I gave the correct server log, I'm assuming all the ones below the top one are just older logs.

MaidenHell

It won't login where it shows my NAS IP or the other one that takes my email and password, can't remember it's name, but they usually fail to log me in remotely, sometimes it will work after several tries, other times it's a no go no matter how many attempts.

MaidenHell

It's like I said, I know the server isn't sleeping because when I tested yesterday with Plex after Emby wouldn't login, Plex was right in and I had to use Plex while in the hospital.

On 11/11/2023 at 7:21 PM, MaidenHell said:

It won't login where it shows my NAS IP or the other one that takes my email and password, can't remember it's name, but they usually fail to log me in remotely, sometimes it will work after several tries, other times it's a no go no matter how many attempts.

Hi, what do you mean by failed? What exactly happened?

seanbuff
On 12/11/2023 at 11:31, MaidenHell said:

It's like I said, I know the server isn't sleeping because when I tested yesterday with Plex after Emby wouldn't login, Plex was right in and I had to use Plex while in the hospital.

The way Plex operates is such that all your connections go via their central servers, this makes it easy for them to provide remote connectivity without much user intervention.

Emby is designed to be self-hosted (your server and connections are yours only), therefore it is up to the individual to configure their Emby Server for remote access. I see no mention of you completing the necessary steps to configure remote connections.

Can you confirm you have followed the Remote Setup guide?

MaidenHell
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by failed? What exactly happened?

Failed means it won't login, and just goes back to the page that shows my NAS IP to click to connect, the login by the username and pass, or the Add server.

MaidenHell
3 hours ago, seanbuff said:

The way Plex operates is such that all your connections go via their central servers, this makes it easy for them to provide remote connectivity without much user intervention.

Emby is designed to be self-hosted (your server and connections are yours only), therefore it is up to the individual to configure their Emby Server for remote access. I see no mention of you completing the necessary steps to configure remote connections.

Can you confirm you have followed the Remote Setup guide?

Yes, everything is set how it should be, and has been since installation months ago and coming up on a year now, I have rechecked to make sure, as I said it will login sometimes remotely just fine and I don't have that page showing my NAS IP to click or the username and pass login area, there are times when it will just open up fine, as it should. Other times it refuses no matter what I do. Nothing is blocking it on my end or my server's end. I will try later today when I have to go to the vascular surgeon's and if it gives trouble I will submit the server logs again. Sometimes it opens up fine remotely, other times it won't, and nothing has been changed during any of that time. Before I reinstalled Plex to look at the difference, I can still use the AiData from Asustor program and play the files remotely just fine. My server is the Asustor AS6702T which does WOL as well as wake on WAN. Sometimes it's right in there, no login needed for Emby and it works fine remotely, other times Emby won't login, no matter what.

On 11/13/2023 at 7:08 AM, MaidenHell said:

Failed means it won't login, and just goes back to the page that shows my NAS IP to click to connect, the login by the username and pass, or the Add server.

Is there an error message?

• 2 weeks later...
MaidenHell

I am not using Emby now, it was always reproducible, you had me send the logs, which I made sure that I had just watched a TV series that needed the skip. I had to start using Plex again because it works and I have the annual paid until May 2024. I didn't uninstall Emby on my server, just disabled it for now and stopped the monthly plan I was on. 

7 hours ago, MaidenHell said:

I am not using Emby now, it was always reproducible, you had me send the logs, which I made sure that I had just watched a TV series that needed the skip. I had to start using Plex again because it works and I have the annual paid until May 2024. I didn't uninstall Emby on my server, just disabled it for now and stopped the monthly plan I was on. 

Wouldn't you rather have a personal media server and not one that puts your information into the cloud?

MaidenHell

I would like to have one that works properly, and Emby isn't. I like Emby very much, but with that login problem when remote and the no skipping intro, it's not worth it for me. Everything was set properly and it wouldn't work right. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 2:56 PM, MaidenHell said:

I would like to have one that works properly, and Emby isn't. I like Emby very much, but with that login problem when remote and the no skipping intro, it's not worth it for me. Everything was set properly and it wouldn't work right. 

Can you give it another try/

MaidenHell

Maybe next year, I sent logs, asked questions, described the problem, and got zero answers. Pretty much just asked more questions, like when I said failed login, you asked something like, What do you mean by failed. Or was asked if it was set correctly, which I had said it was and rechecked numerous times, but yet was still asked that question. At this point I'm not going to spend money on something that doesn't work right, at least it wouldn't for me, even though it was configured exactly as instructed.