Having problems getting to Library settings after adding a New Movie

Rew452
Go to solution Solved by Rew452,

Hi,

It has been awhile since I have added any movies and today I added a new movie but the Library did not pickup the Title right. So I went to use the web interface which shows my movies and collections and all but I no longer se any option to get to the server, library settings; they are no options to go there.

The Emby version is 4.7.13.0, it seems to have automatically updated to the this version as I did not do it. Tried to use Emby Connect and it see's my server but it shows: "Connection Failure  We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again." 

My server is on a Qnap NAS and it is on the latest firmware update, QTS 5.1.1.2491

My server has been up and running for several years and I can play my movies but can't get to server settings such as the Library settings.

I have always been able to do this via Emby web interface.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Rew

GrimReaper

That appears as if your user doesn't have the rights to manage server - are you sure you're logging in with the admin user? 

And regarding the connection error, has the IP address of the server changed? Try doing a manual connection to a new server and entering the server IP address. Please see if that helps.

Looks like I have reset password and now I have to SSH into server to read the info to reset password from the file. It will take me a bit to remember how to do this.

Unless you have a alternate way to do.

Will post back after I accomplish this.

Thanks

Rew

Hi Luke,

OK, I used WinSCP to check my Qnap Server for the file named "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/passwordreset.txt" after using "Forgot Password Reset" and not finding it. I have searched the server and can't find it.

I have only used 2 login names; one was Wayne, which still works for watching but the second Rew452, failed so I used "Forgot Password" to reset it. Info presented was to look for "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/passwordreset.txt" but have not been able to find it anywhere on the server.

Since the Wayne login does not seem to have admin authority not sure what to do next.

Can I remove and reinstall Emby server app and recover? Have never seen this before, Emby has always worked with Admin authority. Could the Qnap firmware updates somehow corrupted the Emby Server? And no, I have not changed the server IP address. 

Rew

5 hours ago, Rew452 said:

One more thing, if I use Emby Connect to sign in, I see an old server which for some reason I can't delete.

Rew

@Rew452why can't you delete it? What exactly happens when you try?

6 hours ago, Rew452 said:

Hi Luke,

Can I remove and reinstall Emby server app and recover? Have never seen this before, Emby has always worked with Admin authority. Could the Qnap firmware updates somehow corrupted the Emby Server? And no, I have not changed the server IP address. 

Rew

Yes, but you'll need to delete the server data folder, which means you're going to need to be able to locate it in winscp.

Emby Server Data Folder

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Rew452why can't you delete it? What exactly happens when you try?

If I select the old server, created back in 2015 and long since gone and select delete, nothing happens and icon remains

9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, but you'll need to delete the server data folder, which means you're going to need to be able to locate it in winscp.

Emby Server Data Folder

Luke I just checked for the indicated program directory for QNAP

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata

and it does not exist.

image.png.aac4da3158c2ce3f397918bbdec9123a.png

14 minutes ago, Rew452 said:

Luke I just checked for the indicated program directory for QNAP

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata

and it does not exist.

image.png.aac4da3158c2ce3f397918bbdec9123a.png

Are you sure you're logged in as the admin user on the machine?

Hi Luke,

I found my problem with WinSCP in seeing the qpkg files and directories

You have to enable -Hidden files in WinSCP.

I can now see qpkg/EmbyServer  directory.

I am guessing my best bet is to remove Emby Server app from Qnap server and delete the old EmbyServer directory then reinstall it.

Is there a checklist to reinstall Emby Server app correctly?

Did you find out why I cannot delete the old server from Emby Connect?

Thanks

Rew

5 hours ago, Rew452 said:

Hi Luke,

I found my problem with WinSCP in seeing the qpkg files and directories

You have to enable -Hidden files in WinSCP.

I can now see qpkg/EmbyServer  directory.

I am guessing my best bet is to remove Emby Server app from Qnap server and delete the old EmbyServer directory then reinstall it.

Is there a checklist to reinstall Emby Server app correctly?

Did you find out why I cannot delete the old server from Emby Connect?

Thanks

Rew

You can just uninstall and then delete the server data folder using winscp. Please let us know how this goes. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Removed Emby app on Qnap NAS, deleted using WinSCP  "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata", reinstalled Emby app v4.7.14.0.

The only thing that changed is Emby web page now shows all of my previous movies with blank placeholders and still no access to server settings.

After install Emby

It opens the same as before with the same user login name. If I logout it takes me to Emby Connect were I login.

The same movies and directories are showing, except all images are now blank.

There must be something I'm missing. Could it be that Emby Connect list of servers need to be deleted so I can start from scratch?

Was looking at Emby Connect and when I select Add a New Server and put in the server IP address it returns "Connection Failure We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.

Yet when I pull up Emby web, same address and port number I get the Emby App, again same user name and a page with movies listed but all movie title place holders are all blank but labeled with the correct Movie names.

2 hours ago, Rew452 said:

My server is on Qnap NAS, which files?

Hi, all of the instructions are in the link I gave you. You can get the log files using the Emby web interface. Please supply the most recent one.

This will tell me the path to your server data folder, then you can delete that folder and make a fresh start. Thanks.