Emby Theater 3.0.21 is broken when using gpu-next

scottpro
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Emby Theater updated last night on my HTPC and mpv stopped playing movies.  I reverted back to 3.0.20 and it started working again.  The problem is "mpv-1.dll" was updated to 0.36.0 which breaks using "gpu-next",  "gpu" works fine.  I download the latest "libmpv-2.dll" and renamed it to "mpv-1.dll" and it now works using ET 3.0.21.  Emby Theater 3.0.21 using "gpu-next" with the distributed "mpv-1.dll" is broken. 

AdamPhillips

I am also having a problem with Emby Theater for Windows 3.0.21, started mysteriously about 12 hours ago, when I try to play a video I just get a spinning circle.

Changing the Video Output from GPU-Next to Auto seems to fix it.

On 9/16/2023 at 2:30 AM, scottpro said:

Emby Theater updated last night on my HTPC and mpv stopped playing movies.  I reverted back to 3.0.20 and it started working again.  The problem is "mpv-1.dll" was updated to 0.36.0 which breaks using "gpu-next",  "gpu" works fine.  I download the latest "libmpv-2.dll" and renamed it to "mpv-1.dll" and it now works using ET 3.0.21.  Emby Theater 3.0.21 using "gpu-next" with the distributed "mpv-1.dll" is broken. 

Hello,

Where can i find libmpv-2.dll please ?

Thanks

I took libmpv-1.dll from old.system/electronapp/libmpv/x84 and put it in system/electronapp/libmpv/x84 and it works now.

Is it goog ?

Edited by nicko84

8 hours ago, nicko84 said:

Hello,

Where can i find libmpv-2.dll please ?

Thanks

I took libmpv-1.dll from old.system/electronapp/libmpv/x84 and put it in system/electronapp/libmpv/x84 and it works now.

Is it goog ?

You can download it from here.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/libmpv/

I used the "mpv-dev-x86_64-20230910-git-be92223.7z" version.

generiq
16 hours ago, nicko84 said:

@genericHello generic. Some explanations about these mpv 0.36 new features and ET issue with last mpv version ? Thanks

For DV, the result will either be output to HDR10 (if HDR is enabled), or to SDR. No possibility of Metadata forwarding. 

For HDR10+ the dynamic metadata is read and utilized. Certainly for tone-mapping, and probably for metadata forwarding,  though I haven't fully investigated the latter.

This has nothing to with the failure to play in Theater. That would appear to a bug somewhere with emby. If you use the shinchiro build, you should find it will work correctly. 

19 hours ago, generiq said:

For DV, the result will either be output to HDR10 (if HDR is enabled), or to SDR. No possibility of Metadata forwarding. 

For HDR10+ the dynamic metadata is read and utilized. Certainly for tone-mapping, and probably for metadata forwarding,  though I haven't fully investigated the latter.

This has nothing to with the failure to play in Theater. That would appear to a bug somewhere with emby. If you use the shinchiro build, you should find it will work correctly. 

Thanks for your answer.

Where can i found Shinshiro build please ?