ntfy plugin - Self Hosted Notifications Platform

feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

Hi - Would it be possible to create a plugin for ntfy?

It is a self hosted notifications platform that I recently setup and I'd like to replace my push bullet & email notifications on emby with this if I can. I tried to get it to work w/ emby's webhooks, but couldn't get it to work. 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  1. Clone the repo
  2. Build the solution
  3. Copy the DLL to your Emby plugins directory.
  4. Restart Emby server

You should see the config page in your server dashboard
image.png.5aedb0a2ca8d61246d411b147be227d0.png

feerlessleadr

Thanks - prob a little above my depth then, as I'm not familiar with how to build the solution from source. I'll wait until there is a dll release on the repo, or until your plugin is added to the cataloge. 

I'll look into getting a DLL build into the repo

Hopefully we get a speedy response here, so I can get the plugin in the catalog :)

Edited by tielv
  • Thanks 1

Please send @ebra pm. The notification system has changed in 4.8 as I mentioned so I would suggest building off of that as we’re getting close to releasing.

Hi.  Typically we ask people to  test new plug-ins here in the forum for a while before putting them in the catalog.  That way we can ensure it is working properly and has an adequate user base.

You can just post your DLL (zip it) in this topic for people to install manually during testing.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, tielv said:

Thanks!

Do you have documentation on the upcoming changes to the notification API?

For now, I'll drop the DLL here for testing. (I'm on 4.7.14.0 right now, I can't be sure about it working on earlier versions)

ntfy-notifications.zip 5.91 kB · 1 download

I haven't written up documentation, but actually it's less code than the 4.7 notifications system so it should be easy. You can look at the email plugin for sample code:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/email-notifications

feerlessleadr
2 hours ago, tielv said:

Thanks!

Do you have documentation on the upcoming changes to the notification API?

For now, I'll drop the DLL here for testing. (I'm on 4.7.14.0 right now, I can't be sure about it working on earlier versions)

ntfy-notifications.zip 5.91 kB · 2 downloads

I added this dll to my server (same version as you), and all seems to be working correctly. Granted I haven't had an actual event to test, but the 'test notification' button works great. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
upD8RP

Just installed this plugin but I'm a bit lost:

1. I use the public ntfy server only, so no authentication I suppose. But auth token seems to be mandatory in the config screen?
  2.  Which events are actually triggering a notification? Is this then configured in the notification section (the plugin doesn't show for me there).

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
tielv

@upD8RPThe plugin is designed to use self-hosted ntfy instances, as that's what I'm using and needed at the time. I'm working on making the plugin compatible with the public ntfy instance as well and I'll post updates here when it's ready.

You can indeed configure the notifications in the 'notifications' section when you're set up. You can select per notification type to use ntfy.

upD8RP

@tielvSorry, my comment was outdated. Actually, I didn't use the version for server 4.8.x and I managed to make it work with the non-selfhosted ntfy instance, so all good. Not sure what I entered in the token field :D

Thanks, it works as expected!

• Thanks 2