Server keeps stopping when playing Music

Stroudy
Go to solution Solved by Stroudy,

I'm new to Emby and have the same problem.

The play queue just randomly disappears, like the original poster, sometimes after 1 song, sometimes after more.

I do not use Symbology though, it's just installed on a Proxmox LXC container running Debian 12.

The issue doesn't matter if it's on wired, wireless, local or remote.

Server version 4.7.14.0

I'll grab the logs the next time it happens.
I likely won't be playing music till tomorrow night but will be running it for around 12 hours so I'm sure the issue should occur at least once.

21 hours ago, Stroudy said:

I'll grab the logs the next time it happens.
I likely won't be playing music till tomorrow night but will be running it for around 12 hours so I'm sure the issue should occur at least once.

That would be great, thanks !

On 14/09/2023 at 17:59, Luke said:

@Stroudy

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Hello,

I think I managed to capture the logs at the time of a play queue disappearing.
To give further details about what happened: I changed song, the loading symbol appears for maybe 4-6 seconds, the next song loaded but then all of the songs were removed from the play queue. I did play this via shuffle on the entire music library which is currently at 29815 songs.

The logs: https://pastebin.com/raw/g8K6r4Fd

I'm currently playing this via Chrome Browser, I'm logged into my server via my own domain on Cloudflare (I can provide the URL if required).
The reason I'm using my own domain is because I'm using Starlink internet which has issues with port forwarding and uPnP because it uses CGNAT, so remote access via the normal routes does not work.

Maybe my issue is due to a connection issue?
When I'm home from work in a couple of days time I'll try to trigger the same issue when connected to my server via IP address and via app.emby.media if that helps?

I won't even pretend to understand all of those logs.
Please let me know if you see anything not right.

I didn't notice anything unusual on Proxmox resources either, no spikes in CPU or RAM.

Thank you.

Edited by Stroudy

Hello,

I will attach the logs the next time this happens.

To update, I've been running with much smaller play queues for the last 9 hours and not had a single problem.

The DNLA logs in the previous snippet of code that I provided was not the device that I was playing it on.

Thank you.

Hello,

I think it may be my network that's causing the issue. I seem to have far less issues when I'm at home. Outside of the house it's barely useable.

Videos play fine but then when I try to skip forward it buffers forever and the dashboard shows no more than 100KB/s... Starlink internet seems to be a bit of a pain in the back side when trying to access anything externally, especially with ports.

Happy for you to close the issue unless you find anything the logs?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
Stroudy

Hello,

Since I was having these issues I've upgraded my hardware, moved Emby into Docker and moved onto the Beta program.
I've had no issues since.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1