Emby Connect

BGrind
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I have a server that I connect to on two Nvidia Shields and a Firestick. On the 1st Shield, Easy Connect allows me to connect to the server automatically but, on the other Shield and the Firestick Easy Connect does not connect to the server automatically. I must login manually on both of the other devices. What could the issue be? I have tried to delete the app and reinstall it with no luck.

Edited by BGrind

I have two servers that I connect to, let's say server #1 and server #2. On my first Shield, I can login in to Easy Connect and then switch back and forth between the servers, without having to log into server #2.

On my 2nd Shield and Firestick, when I try to switch from server #1 to #2, I am prompted to login manually or via Emby Connect.

When I select Emby Connect, I am given a PIN to enter at https://emby.media/pin.html.

I enter my credentials and the PIN. The PIN is verified successfully.

I go back to the Emby app and click on Next. It just brings m back to the select server page.

If I select Manual Login, I am able to login to server #2 manually.

Why does Easy Connect work for my 1st Shield device and not the other two devices?

Hi.  On the server that is not working, try blanking out the Connect email address on the user setup and saving and then re-entering it and saving.

13 hours ago, BGrind said:

The same thing. I must login manually.

When you re-entered the Connect email address, did you also click the link that was emailed to that address?  Did it tell you it worked?

• 1 month later...